The Assorted "WTF, 2021?" Thread

I mean this was from 10 years ago:

And it seems to just be two yahoos in their back yard.

And two months ago:

Replacing the airsoft with an AR seems fairly simple.
Sticking it on a drone doesn’t seem impossible and this is just a dude fucking around in his spare time, not a government.

Someone alert Twitter, I think this message fell through a wormhole from the 1800s.

Isn’t ambergris always in whales? Wasn’t it a main reason why Europeans hunted whales?

I guess this particular whale had a shit-ton of that foul, precious substance.

I am just surprised that there is any modern demand still for it. Unless you are a medieval alchemist, or an early industrial exotic perfumer, I wouldn’t think anyone today would want it badly enough to merit that high a price. More sad news for the prospects of ending whaling, I guess.

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. Seems like synthetic materials would essentially negate demand for ambergris at this point.

Going back to drones…

33 posts were merged into an existing topic: Amazon and Apple - creating a Mesh Wifi System

Michael G. Vickers was the undersecretary of defense under Obama. He likely has useful knowledge about stuff, behind being a corporate shill.

Also, for the US, does BAE even make deployed drones? I don’t think they do. I think they make some for the British, although even those may be experimental at this point.

If ambergris is still expensive that means people still use it, probably expensive perfumes

I wonder if this is one of those things where the exclusivity and depravity are part of the point: “Made from actual whales, harpooned and slain on the open seas! Feel the blood sacrifice with every spray of scent!”

I think that ambergris can still be found by beachcombers without harming any whale, but its possession and sale is illegal in the United States and elsewhere.

The key question is, was the whale killed by an autonomous drone?

Let’s put this here.

It’s more than likely Kemper didn’t even know the history of the pageant, and I wager most people in St. Louis don’t either.

The real crime is letting Shapiro be correct about something.

Grew up in St. Louis, and remember going to the VP Fair down on the Arch grounds every July 4th. Had no idea it was the same group. Certainly wasn’t widely known that they had a racist history. Back then, at least.

Saw Huey Lewis & The News and Styx perform there. Guessing most people didn’t realize the connection.

I’m not sure why you think sharing views from a writer for a nasty pro-assadist site is ok, but sharing views from the director of BAe is not.

No doubt. According to the article, the organizers were careful to never actually spell out “Veiled Prophet” in any of their materials from around the 50’s right until the name change in '92.

I think there’s a conflict of interest, regardless of not even knowing who they are. That’s it.
At least only of them profits out of killing people, and the other is… apparently mean about the narrative of the Hegemony and it’s biggest lapdog? Oh my, he might be interesting. Thanks.