The Assorted "WTF, 2021?" Thread

But you didn’t declare the conflict of interest of your Assadist source.

The thing is - I remember the “Veiled Prophet Parade” - IIRC, my high school band even marched in it (giant Q-tip hats are not fun to wear in July) - but had no idea of the history of that organization. Anyway, I always remember it as the ‘Veiled Prophet Parade’, but the ‘VP Fair.’ Not sure why there was a difference, but the former always led into the latter.

Ok, fine. The random guy twitter recommended that showed yet another problem in the military industrial complex has a conflict of interest in being mean to drones because he doesn’t like people getting murdered by them. Middle east solved, just let the good guys do their thing.

I’ll take “No Fucking Way” for $1000, Alex:

Man, that thing gives me the willies. I don’t like heights much…

It’s perfectly safe as long as you don’t touch the bottom.

He likes people getting murdered by chemical weapons instead, and thinks the middle east would best be solved by just letting the bad guys do their thing.

Kharg was a friend of mine from back before I was frozen. Ironically, he was part of the team that first discovered fire.

Pictured here:

Man, Larson on his game was elite.

Yes, and GODDAMN do I love his conical mouths with lips in a perfect O.

Having a sewer back up in the basement is bad. Now replace the sewer water with concrete.

Constantly astounded at homes built without backflow preventers.

Obnoxious Trump supporters continue to give Biden voters shit.

RemindMe! 10 years “Remember the Kharg!”

He’d been doing it for 10 years, so I’d guess the likely motivation is the fact the targets are a gay couple not a Biden/Trump divide.

Eh, the crazies really got motivated when we elected a black man, Trump just became their fellow traveler. It’s all the reasons, not just one of them.

Context for that tweet:

Thailand also uses forced labor (from nearby countries like Indonesia, Bangladesh etc) to deshell the shrimp we buy at Costco