The Bargain thread for movies

You can do that…oftentimes I just scroll through, looking for a movie I haven’t seen by a filmmaker I’ve heard of.

I mean, Mubi sort of leans to ultra-indie international stuff from the last 20 or so years. The classics kind of filter in and out, usually based on a theme or a particular filmmaker. Right now, they have some Fellini and a few Godards (I just rewatched Alphaville last weekend…still impenetrable). There’s several of Argento’s 1980s films and some Carpenter stuff if you’re looking for horror. I saw they have the early Denis Villeneuve stuff up, if you want to see what he did before he was making mega-budget sci-fi films.

Other than that, I usually just look through the different categories and check out something interesting.

I got a notification from Mubi on my phone which I appreciated. It said “Taming the Garden” is the most watched film on the service, so don’t miss it.

I like that, since, like everything else on the service, I’ve never heard of it. So it’s nice to get a recommendation like that from the power of the crowd.

Oops, I forgot to watch anything, and I forgot to cancel. And I got charged 10.99!! Good god.

Warning: They’re half off but still kinda expensive! Some tempting ones in there though.

Columbia Pictures (Sony) 100 movies for $100, actually seems like a good deal considering that they’re valid for Movies Anywhere so they won’t just be tied to my Apple account.

On the other hand, I can’t figure out a way to buy the thing. At least on Windows and Android, the only option I get when I click on the bundle is a list of movies and a “cancel” button. I wonder if you need to be on an apple device to buy things from iTunes?

Apparently Vudu has the same deal.

https://www.vudu.com/content/browse/details/Columbia-Pictures-100th-Anniversary-Bundle-/2880846

I’ve tried going there through links, through the Vudu front page, with and without ad-blockers, etc, but I can’t get the Vudu page to load. I tried it on Firefox and Chrome too. Bizarre. I’m just destined not to get this bundle. :) The universe it trying to save me a hundred dollars.