The Black Lives Matter movement

This is man who literally does not believe black lives matter to the point where he murdered a child. Your response to that is to quote stats which essentially pushes this child’s life as nothing worth discussing too. Why don’t you think there is a problem with that kind of discourse?

I don’t have a problem at all with you bringing that up, but it’s an individual case. In terms of the society as a whole, the bulk of the violence is on the other side.

I’m individual person. So are you. If a family member of yours came here and posted a tale of hurt and loss and the rest of us just spit back statistics saying their woe isn’t really part of the big picture, how would that make you feel?

Come on dude, you know that dataset doesn’t prove that case.

What it says is that, in murders tracked by the FBI in this dataset, in this case which make up around 38% of the total murders, in that one single year, you had 14% of whites killed by blacks, while 7% of blacks were killed by whites.

Should I start posting individual murders of whites by blacks? I don’t really see the purpose of that other than to increase racial animosity. If you are claiming there is a systemic issue, I think the fact there there are far more black on white murders than vice versa is relevant.

If you want to post the murder of a white child, i promise I will act like a human being, like white lives matter. News stories get posted all the time here… and the general response is that lives matter. I wish I could say the same about what just happened here.

This was posted here because this is a story that happened or was reported today about a murderer who literally doesn’t believe black lives matter, and he killed a child as a result.

Again, that dataset doesn’t really prove this case… however, the important thing about the case that Nesrie posted, was that it was essentially just a random act of violence against a child, seemingly totally unprovoked. And then also seemingly with absolutely no demonstration of remorse.

“I think the uniform was the target” “Law enforcement officials say there’s been an alarming spike in ambush-style attacks. Sixty officers, including the San Antonio detective, were shot to death on the job this year, compared to 41 in all of 2015, according to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund. Of the 60 killed, 20 were purposely targeted by their assailant compared to eight last year, the group said.”

I think it’s terrible that police officers are being killed. Even if they did something wrong, we have a justice system in this country, and only self-defense could be even reasonable. Ambushes are not self-defense.

But… you can’t do it can you? You can’t even mourn for a child? You don’t even see humans anymore with these articles do you?

Sure I do. I mourn everyone murdered. Like this woman who was strangled then dissolved in a vat of acid.

We need to set up a white lives matter thread where you and @playingwithknives can hang out and trade stories.

Do you always jump into conversations to act like an abrasive insenstive dickwad when you’re mourning? Remind me to never invite you to a funeral!

-Tom

With a participation rate of 50% white, 50% non-white that thread will be more diverse than this one.

Thank you for making my point so crystal clear. Have fun with life.

I suspect Malathor might the kind of person that would attend the funeral for a friend’s mother and his contribution would be to say “my mother died, too, what about her?”

Step back dude, and look at what you’re doing.

Imagine, for a moment, a situation where someone was mourning the death of a loved one. Would you ever consider, for even a second, to try and minimize that death by bringing up some other murder? Or say something like, “Well more whites are killed by blacks than vice versa.”

I have to think that, no, you wouldn’t, because I think that you’re a decent person.

This is ultimately what the BLM movement is, I believe, and why things like “All lives matter” is not a reasonable response. Because BLM doesn’t mean that all lives DON’T matter. It’s merely pointing out that in today’s climate, it sometimes seems like Black lives don’t.

The fact that he’s here arguing statistics as a reflexive / impulsive response to the tragic death of a little kid shows that, at some level, black lives don’t matter to him that much.

I’m sure he’d claim otherwise, but subconsciously that’s really the only reasonable explaination for that train of thought. That their lives don’t matter, that instead, black lives are just a statistic.

EXACTLY. Your post deserves a thousand likes.

I’ll never understand the need of some people to reflexively jump in on “ethnic defense” for an ethnicity whose place on this continent has not been questioned for at minimum 300 years, namely people of European origin.

BTW, I’m “as white as the next guy” and my direct paternal line goes back to Dutch colonial New York in the 1600s. My mother is from El Salvador of Spanish Criollo ancestry who first came to Central America around the same time.* Strangely though, I don’t feel that reflexive need I mentioned above.

*I realize that for some, the fact that she was born outside of the US and is a non-native but high level English-speaker means that she’s not a “real American” despite the fact that she has lived in this country for over 50 years and been a citizen for at least 40 of those. Heck, I was born in Guatemala and had a US passport before I could speak, but I guess I’m not a “real American” either.

Honestly, fuck that white nationalist shit. In the ear.

Bravo. +5 Stars

Exactly.

I respect that there is a need to focus on race, but dream of a day where every instance where a child is murdered senselessly is mourned and we see not the death of a white child, a black child, or anything other than child taken from this world too soon.