The Black Lives Matter movement

Hey my childhood hometown is in the news… oh. Stay classy Rockland County.

Afraid to share a pool. Afraid to share a country. What are these white folks so afraid of?

Notice that the white man wasn’t asked to prove that he belonged there, or to test his key card for the pool. That was just assumed.

Lucky guy.

Look at that officer validating this guy’s position, and the racist guy’s consequence for this… nothing. He just keeps it going, and good enough for him, today.

Someone send that guy a PM and invite him to the We Privileged Few thread so we can all celebrate our priviledge together.

Well, according to a HuffPo story (I think it was HuffPo), this guy is now unemployed. Being a racist is not a good career move.

Well, he’s been fired from his job at Sonoco and no longer holds the position of “pool chairman” or whatever it is.

But the person that started this is the woman that questioned whether or not Ms. Edwards belonged there.

Which is completely up to the employer. The police should not have entertained this guy’s request… at all. They should have asked him to leave that pool.

Yeah, I’m not clear on why the cops were called. I used to live in a community that had a pool like that. You had to have an access card. I think you had to use a sign-in sheet too. If this place had a sign-in and someone questioned whether a person was a resident, it should be a simple matter to figure out if someone is a resident or not. Regardless, calling the cops seems way overkill, not to mention dangerous.

I foresee a lot of anger over that video… should have mentioned pools though. I think we’ll get two more months of brown and black individuals being accused of not belonging in some body of water.

Hey you get out of that ocean!

Oh I am sure they would try if they could. How shitty does your life have to be to look at people having fun in the water and just get furious about it? I’ve seen some pics of these pools. They’re not packed at all.

It’s from May, otherwise I’m sure there would have been some mention of children selling Lemonade.

Remember Reggie, the lawn mower… yeah those neighbors did it again.

“I’m sorry that the young man got scared, though I don’t really think they got as scared as he says because [Reggie’s cousins] were mouthing off to my husband when the police asked them to clear our driveway,” Linda Krakora said over the phone Tuesday. “[Holt-Colden] is making this about race when race has nothing to do with it.

Linda Krakora first called police on Holt-Colden’s family in November, when one of Holt-Colden’s sons parked a car in his mother’s back yard, nearly hitting the Krakoras’ fence, according to Linda, who suspected the car was stolen.

“Why else would someone park their car in the back yard when they have a vacant driveway?” she said.

Holt-Colden said the car in question was an “old school” car that one of her sons bought and later restored.

But no, she’s not racist. She just thinks if someone brings a car home to restore it’s stolen… for no reason at all.

Jeez, Nesrie, leave those poor old folks alone. They’re just scared and are trying to avoid confrontation by using the police to keep the peace. Now that their fence has been smashed in retaliation for them protecting their property two weeks ago, what’s next, aggressive carolers?

Poor old lady made a lot of good points about being marked as a target ever since her husband made that fateful call that ended up inadvertantly reinvigorating the local child labor industry, but they have the determination to endure these threats and continue to exercise their rights as tax payers to keep the world in check.

God Bless Middle America

And another one.

Fire the entire force nationwide and start over with a culture of serving and protecting the public rather than themselves?