The Black Lives Matter movement

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/trump-supporter-calls-911-black-lyft-driver-not-turning-radio-225018422.html?soc_src=community&soc_trk=tw

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/gas-station-gail-store-manager-calls-police-parents-children-buying-drinks-like-riot-201315580.html

Discord hates Yahoo, but who doesn’t?

What a crazy story.

Who calls the police for a football game between kids?

I love how her argument eventually hinges on “Then he was rude to me, and said that he wouldn’t even talk to me!”

No one is obligated to be polite to you, lady. Jesus Christ.

But she’s a white field marshall and driving a golf cart! What’s happening to this country? Respect her authority!

There’s the rub. He clearly didn’t know his place, so she called the police.

Why aren’t these assholes being charged for making false calls to 911? The should be charged for this crap instead of making us taxpayers foot the bill for their racism.

I remember when I was a kid they always said calling 911 when it wasn’t an emergency could get you arrested.
Obviously that isn’t the case. Though I’m starting to think it needs to be.

There’s a risk if you make people afraid to call 911. Besides, in this country, I assume they’d only arrest the minorities who called needlessly anyway.

Yeah, this.

Filing a false claim (i.e., lying to the cops about someone) is a crime. Calling 911 about something frivolous can get you scolded, but you don’t really want folks to have to wonder whether calling will get you in trouble or not.

Better to have the cops called on someone for speaking “foreign” than to make minorities wonder whether calling will get them thrown in the clink.

Some of those comments! Clearly, there are a lot of racists in the world, but like many all racists, they don’t believe their racists.

Sadly, sometimes.people holding or expressing a different point of view also get lumped as racists.

Eventually it means calling someone a racist is no longer effective, and it makes racist view get sublimated or expressed in a roundabout or secret way, which means they never get exposed and changed.

I’m not saying that’s what happened here before anyone responds.

I’m talking in big generalities.

Like how in Brexit it’s become almost a knee jerk reaction to believe a brexiteer is a racist regardless.

Ofcourse many/some/a notable amount are, but the discourse that’s developed is
Brexiteers = racist
Remainers = pampered millennials and remoaners.

And that gets us nowhere.

Now in the case of the guy getting the cops called on him for a football match, do we know that was actually racist or just idiotic?

It could be read either way.

In both cases that assistant or whatever she is ought to be removed.

They’re not mutually exclusive.

Hell, they rarely are, but you don’t see white folks calling the cops on each other for this sort of bullshit.

If cops were called everytime parents yelled at the field we’d need to double the size of every force. It’s not common to have them called at all.

Cops rarely get called when parents start swinging fists at each other.

True. This is why when it did make the news that they did come it’s like a twenty person brawl.

There will always be people that will try and throw doubt that this was done because he was black but… This was done because he’s black. Hell at some point she is asked if he has a weapon and she won’t even say no, I didn’t see one.

As a counterpoint, I have seen the cops called on nut-case parents at kids’ games before (just once), and I have have heard people threaten to call the cops many, many times. Involving the cops (as opposed to park or school authorities) is surely uncommon, but I don’t think it’s all that rare in the big cities or suburbs where kids’ sports can be taken ridiculously seriously.

I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if you found that cops were called in more often when there was a minority parent involved, but the one incident that I saw involved a white man.

Well the other thing about this woman is she says she felt threatened …I don’t know about anyone else but when I feel threatened I don’t sprawl out on a golf cart and whip out my cell all relaxed like.

Not really related but I started watching American gods.

I’m. not episode 2 season 1.

Anansi just made his speech.

300mb years of slavery indeed.

Strong stuff.