The Book of Boba Fett - The OG returns

Ok, underworld crime boss can work. Certainly there is plenty of examples of successful well regarded shows based on that concept.

Boba Soprano?

I mean that is immediately what leapt to mind.

I love Temura Morrison and this character, so it might finally get me to subscribe to Disney+

Oh cool, so I guess Boba Fett survived the Sarlacc after all.

Huh - Ming-na Wen looks like she just jumped off the set from Agents of Shield.

Did you not watch The Mandalorian?

Her career is crazypants. When she was Royal Trumpeter #3 in Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood in 1985, I bet she’d never thought she’d be the voice of a Disney princess character, a secret agent in a Marvel TV show, and a badass bounty hunter in the Star Wars universe. She’s got the Disney trifecta.

I started it, watched a few episodes with my kids but they kind of drifted off and I didn’t really want to keep going by myself.

Boba Fett: The Galaxy’s Most Accomplished… People Manager?

She was on a not-quite-“Must See TV” Thursday night NBC sitcom called The Single Guy. It made it for two seasons and had one of those drastic retoolings between seasons. But I liked her character, her character’s husband (Joey Slotnick), and their doorman (the Ernest Borgnine). They could have retooled the show one more time, dumped the titular Single Guy, and made it about them, and I’d keep watching. And she didn’t even fire a laser gun!

I remember her from ER. She doesn’t look like she’s almost 60!

I plan to watch this, but I’m still leery due to Robert Rodriguez, and this trailer didn’t really make me care any more or less than before. I also remain unimpressed by Ming-na Wen from her bland role in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the couple episodes of The Mandalorian she showed up in.

So bring on the “eh, whatever”!

Way back when George Lucas first started working on a live-action Star Wars series the pitch we heard at LucasArts was that it was Rome meets Deadwood.

This isn’t exactly that, but it’s also pretty close, so sure, I’m in.

I’m looking forward to this, but even so: that was one boring trailer.

Meh…

I still feel zero hype for this show, hope I’m just too jaded and it turns out to be great!
Never really liked Hawkeye and his show is turning out to be awesome, so who knows?