The Comics Thread : Hulk SMASH! Edition

Oh, yes. The phone book edition Dark Horse put out are really great. I bought most of them as nick/dents from TFAW.com at a steep discount.

I was wondering why a TFAW banner ad appeared. I haven’t been to the site but I’ve spent plenty of coin at their Portland store.

What he does with Bizarro in that story is utterly chilling. Moore takes the character to his logical conclusion, moving the character from comic to horrifying to, finally, tragic in the space of a few panels. Moore’s ability to recontextualize familiar characters and ideas from comics to make you see them as if it was for the first time never fails to amaze me.

Very good, despite the 90’s art and the fact that it never gets finished.

Just got an off base one- Cairo. Think real world, but with jinns, a love affair, some good old fashioned terrorism and the under-Nile.
Here is the description on the book:

Set in bustling modern-day Cairo, this magical-realism thriller interweaves the lives of a drug runner, a down-on-his-luck journalist, an American expatriate, a young activist, an Israeli soldier, and a genie as they navigate the city’s streets and spiritual underworld to find a stolen hooka sought by a wrathful gangster-magician.

Kinda strange, but not bad for a first attempt Graphic novel.

Edited.

I have no idea what any of that means.

I don’t own it but i’ve read it : Pride of Baghdad.

It’s by Brian K. Vaughn(Y:The Last Man, ExMachina) and it was quite nice. Story about a lion pack in the Baghdad Zoo during the “war”.

Something i’ve been wondering … is anything interesting happening on Spiderman since he revealed his identity?

Uhm, depends on what you mean by interesting. Kingpin hired an assassin to take out Peter and shot Aunt May instead. She lies at death’s door and even a transfusion of spider blood isn’t helping (as it has in the past).

Now Mephisto has shown up and has given Peter and MJ the chance to save Aunt May, but the price is that they will have never been married.

So the faction at Marvel who were against the Peter-MJ marriage seems to have won, because it looks like it’s about to be retconned.

Personally, I think Aunt May has lived a long and full life, and they’re both stupid if they save her this way (and she certainly wouldn’t consent to being saved at this price), so the whole thing is a big fuckup.

They’re going to retcon the whole marriage?

Hahahaha! That’s beautiful!

Avengers Initiative just “put the spider back in the bottle”, so to speak. Spider-Man’s situation now is basically the same as Daredevils: They were outted, but have since cast sufficient doubt on the situation in public eye that they can still get away with a double life (more functionally speaking, the writers can treat them as if their identity is still a secret when they want to).

I forget, what’s E5’s meme?

Which meme, E5???

<------

So, the 2 volumes of Wolverine that i ordered(Enemy of the State, Agent of Shield) finally arrived. Holy fucking shit ! This was awesome!

Of course the store where i ordered it from screwed it up and sent volume1 wit the softcover and volume with the hardcover >_<

Wow, did Wolverine just jump a shark?

Nope.