The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

Yep. I find Noah unwatchable. And I’m still watching Sam Bee, and she sucks.

I really should stop watching Sam Bee.

You’re in luck then! Noah is heading out the door.

Curious to see how and where they go from here.

Regarding Sam Bee, initially I stuck with her show, but at some stage I felt it was only a shouting match / “everything is shit” type reporting, which lost me (though that might just be a skewed memory and I’m doing the show an injustice).

So Daily Show dead by the end of the year?

I’ve really enjoyed the rotating host format. Sure, Mondays are almost always sub-par, but it’s fun watching the guest-hosts find their groove over the week, and every once in a while you get a real surprise, like Leslie Jones.

Anything would be better than Noah, who I find tragically unfunny.

Although I say that not having watched TDS in several years, maybe the rotating host format sucks even more. Hard to conceptualize how, though, some of them must be funny.

Maybe the guest host format works well and I’m wrong, I haven’t actually been watching, it just seems like an unstable setup that indicates bigger issues.

It worked well before the strike.

I haven’t seen any episodes since the strike ended so I don’t know who the guest hosts have been since. Al Franken was really funny before the strike, as was Hasan Minaj. Sarah Silverman was great after her opening day jitters.

It’s interesting how people’s tastes differ – I love Al Franken and expected him to knock it out of the park, but (in my opinion) he never got comfortable in the chair. I did like Minaj though.

This is the most recent relevant thread, but with the wrong title. It looks like Stewart is heading back to the DS, hosting on Monday nights through the election, and more generally running the show.

Guess he’s not happy The Problem got canceled? I dunno, Jon Stewart has certainly had many moments of brilliance throughout his career, but I don’t hold him on a pedestal. He’ll probably be less funny and more out of touch than anything Roy Wood Jr would have brought to the hosting role. It was such an obvious missed opportunity for Comedy Central, unless they actually prefer the rotating host format. Honestly, I think it keeps things fresher, and it may well bring in more viewers overall, since each week is an event for some fanbase.

Hey, good news, it sounds like they solved the Monday problem! Now it will be a Tuesday problem instead!

Various “Daily Show” correspondents will host the program Tuesday through Thursday nights

Or has Roy quit? I think I heard something about that, but I could be wrong.

Roy Wood Jr left on his own terms when they passed him over.

Craig Kilborne is rested and ready!

It’s a strange feeling, when in the old days, watching the Daily Show wasn’t just a fun way to pass the time. It felt subversive, like by watching every episode I was helping to save the country. But I haven’t felt that way in a long time. The oral history Daily Show book was nice. Maybe I’ll try to pick up an occasional episode in the next few months. And I wish them well.

Sadly, there is an argument that because we felt like we were “helping to save the country” we didn’t actually do anything to help save the country.

I don’t know if that is true, but there is some research about people feeling ‘satisfied’ when they watch someone else accomplish something (like watching a cooking show or a home renovation show) but just rely on that, instead of doing it themselves.

John Stewart is the host of the Daily Show and for 22 minutes all is right with the world again.

You’re right, its good to see Jon back in the saddle.

I dunno, I thought the answer was plain when he asked “Are you disappointed yet?” He’s a great host, but he’s never been the funniest one. It’s a welcome return, but as second comings go, he’s no messiah. I’d feel about the same if Noah were to make occasional reappearances.