The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

And on the first page too, thanks talking 8 ball!

Can’t you access the youtube channel? Seems to have all the segments.

For the first time in 15 years, The Daily Show failed to nab an Emmy nomination.

I think it got lost in the forum migration, but we can probably chalk some of that up to how Trevor Noah doesn’t really “get” what the show’s hosting duties were all about.

It seems all the buzz is the John Oliver and Samantha Bee shows.

Maybe the best way to follow Jon Stewart is to have your own show, not take over!

So last night’s Daily Show: I had no idea this “Tomi” existed. 65Million Views for her Colin Capernick rant? Holy shit, that’s a lot of people.

I recently started watching this again. Trevor Noah has gotten better.

Given what the new administration is putting out there, The Daily Show should be able to hit home run after home run for the next 4 years. Think I’ll give it another look

I disagree. He sucks rocks. The best I can say is that he hasn’t gotten worse.

Writing is still pretty sharp, though, and most of the correspondents are strong.

I’d go more with inconsistent than sucks, but the dude is no Colbert or Stewart for sure. I do like his outsider perspective and his willingness to host some guests that you would never see on any other show.

I agree he still sucks. But I feel like he’s gotten better at delivering at least some of the material. The writing does a lot of the work for him in those segments, but I think he used to be worse at his delivery.

He constantly half-heartedly huckles at his own jokes and messes up delivery. I truly don’t think he’s improved at all.

He does do a decent Russian accent, though.

That’s the other thing. Every day, the youtube app on my phone pops with the previous day’s Colbert segments from his monologue and other segments. And Colbert has really found his own voice outside of the character he used to play. Plus I love the voice with which he reads Trump’s tweets.

I would agree with this. He doesn’t have to be Colbert, Stewart or Oliver, he just needs to be consistent.

IMO, he consistently sucks sweaty balls. His delivery sucks and his timing sucks too. You need to be a great straight man to host the Daily Show-- it’s all about reactions. Noah ain’t it.

I watched his stand-up on Netflix. He wasn’t funny there either.

I wonder why they tapped him to follow Jon Stewart if he isn’t that good? Someone must have thought he was good. I have no opinion as I have literally never watched a Trevor Noah Daily Show… which I guess is a bit of commentary in and of itself.

I feel the area where he’s at his weakest is the interviews. It’s gotten to the point now I pretty much consider it over after the 2nd commercial break. Often they come off as awkward and dull. You can sort of tell by the edits too, if it was a relaxed comfortable interview it seems to flow more where other times it’s just disjointed. Not that Jon’s interviews always went well but they were usually at least interesting. I also kind of feel like his “rage” moments are more scripted where Jon always came off as authentic.

Anymore I watch @Midnight 90% of the time and TDS is around 25% when it used to be 90+.

Spinoff announced. Sounds like an imitation of Colbert.

[quote]
There is very little information about the format of the new series, which is still in the beginning stages of development. Per Comedy Central, the show “will look to embrace and define the chaos of our country by channeling Klepper’s steadfast attitude that institutions are to be trusted less than the lies of the mainstream media. He’ll surround himself with a hand-picked team of contributors contractually obligated to reinforce his singularly correct world view.”

The description sounds in the vein of The Colbert Report, which also was built around the strong views of Colbert’s conservative persona and also featured correspondents.[/quote]

Hmmm. I like Klepper’s schtick in small doses, but I’m not sure I could stomach a whole show built around that persona.

Oh god, I cannot stand Jordan Klepper.

I’m a few weeks behind on the Daily Show on Paramount+, so I didn’t realize that the show had gone on haitus. I liked Trevor’s goodbye message on the last show of the Daily Social Distancing Show. I liked the Social Distancing version of the Trevor Noah show better than the original version to be honest. I’m kind of curious what they come back with given his message here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-Hg8LltLrw

Yikes, has it really been six years since the end of Daily Show being good?