The decline of Facebook and the chilling effect of social media

It certainly was. But you are absolutely assisting them.

You are trying to create a fiction, and create questions about what Russia’s motivations and actions were. You are helping them to sow dissent, by propping up a false narrative and preventing everyone from uniting against them.

You are harming the United States.

This reminds me of the people who cry that Kavanaugh will kill thousands of women. It’s just dumb rhetoric. You disagree with someone, you don’t need to escalate it to “omg traitor.”

No, this goes well beyond the normal partisan arguments.

In this case, you have let your partisanship lead you to assist a hostile foreign power.

This is nonsensical. There is zero chance of this being true.

I consider MSNBC a domestic terrorist organization. People who support liberal lies, as outlined in the Greenwald piece, and pro-choice causes are domestic terrorists who murder tens of thousands of babies. Boom! See, it’s easy to be over-dramatic and silence discussion with crazy rhetoric. But why do it? It’s just so petty.

Non zero chance. Seriously.

No you don’t.

You are going to have to come to terms with what you have done, sooner or later.
My it’s going to suck either way, but it’s going to be worse the longer you put it off.

No, it’s zero. It’s conspiracy theorist nonsense. It’s like the claims of Soros paying for actors at protests.

No one is going to pay anyone to influence the 20 or so people who frequent Qt3’s P&R forum. Even if he somehow “converted” all of us, It would be the worst return on investment ever.

There is no intent to convert. Only to hone the craft. We are the stone. He is the knife. Others will be cut.

You absolutely could not be making a better argument for my point about liberal hysteria than you are right now.

You are the one who is going to have to live with it.

Please tell me you know the difference between loving and supporting your country and despising and calling out its elected leader for hundreds of terrible things they have said and done. Divorce this Trump guy from the Republican agenda in your mind. You must. Trump is a grade A scumbag and it’s our patriotic duty to call him out. Unlike Obama, he brings it on himself. He lacks everything we admire in leader and has every negative trait we despise. Defend conservative thought and views. But not Trump, for God’s sake.

I was specifically calling out MSNBC’s institutionalized falsehoods, evident in the Greenwald piece I linked. Had nothing to do with Trump – unless you think lying about the GOP is okay in service of taking them down?

Linking it again:

It’s rich to have a shill of the far right calling out the left for lies. Have you met talk radio and Fox news for the last 20 years?

Whataboutism!!!

It’s absolutely appropriate to mention that the phenomenon occurs at all sides of the spectrum, in response to Tom’s decision to only reference right-wing propaganda. That creates the false impression it’s a one-sided thing – a materially false implication, because we’re talking about whether Russian influence truly destabilized the social media landscape.

Again, I will note that the idiotic trend/rise of the word “whataboutism” should not be used as a lazy cover for your own terrible, biased arguments.

I give up. The rest of you shout at the sea. I’m bored now.

I give you 20 years of right wing lies, you give me glen greenwald. Seems equitable. Both sides do it!

What’s so interesting about Russia’s involvement is that a lot of it trafficked in left-leaning circles too:

But yes, let’s just ignore this entirely. Perhaps they wanted exactly what they’ve gotten – so much hostility that, as evident here, people who disagree literally can’t communicate rationally anymore without distrust. I wonder if they’re responsible for the rise in inane terms like “whataboutism” and “the playbook” too, since those seem like favorites of the left to avoid having to actually have a discussion.

Keep moving those goalposts. Gotta avoid the tricky questions and keep the conversation moving on to new subjects. Great Job far right writer! You are doing it right!