The decline to moral bankruptcy of the GOP

Two sources (one in Missouri, another in DC) saying Greitens will fight this and at the very least force the Missouri House to impeach him.

…which, they may do.

So is he claiming someone hacked his accounts or what?

What? Impeach a man for nude photos? That’s not high crimes and misdemeanors! /s

I think he’s claiming some level of consensuality to this.

In any event, Greitens has burned every bridge possible with the hoary, establishment Missouri GOP. Greitens’ popularity in the state is plunging, and many want him out so the Lt. Governor (also a Republican, but one of their own) can take over.

The RNC may ask them to think about it and back off…but I don’t think it’ll happen.

This is related to a previous story where the gov had an affair with a married, woman, tied her up nude in his bedroom, blindfolded, took a picture of her, and said that if she ever spoke he would splash the photo all over the place.

Allegedly.

It was a stupid throw away comment. Thus the /s.

Sorry, brain’s a little fuzzy here, skipped right over it.

No worries. :)

Oh, that was THIS guy?

Highlights from CPAC:

The snowiest of flakes.

https://twitter.com/The_RGA/status/966674153179840513

This tweet aged poorly.

They’re totally the good guys.

Matt Schlapp, head of the American Conservative union, has always been a Jack Kemp style happy conservative.

He is often on the PBS Newshour generally paired with Karine Jean-Pierre, a spokeswoman for MoveOn.org. Despite their polar opposite politics, it is civil discussion, in large part because Matt is respectful and at times gracious.

So it was a further sign of the complete descent in the 7th circle of hell that Republican party has sunk to see Matt defend Trump’s attacks on McCain, and the attack on Michael Steele for only being named RNC chairman because he was black.

I was actually listening to part of Steele and Unger today (they have a show together on Sirius XM POTUS; this was a compilation of segments from the past week). They were broadcasting from cpac all week, I think. I didn’t hear anything about that incident, but I just want to hand it to Michael for being able to go on the air and do his job after something like that had happened.

Good ol’ NYT.

This is an audiotape of Missouri’s governor speaking with another republican candidate on the phone during the 2016 race. The subject is debate scheduling. There’s nothing incriminating in it, but it’s worth a listen:

It’s easy to see why this guy has so few friends in his own party willing to defend him. Impeachment seems very possible.

He sure comes off as a raging jerk, and yeah - I wouldn’t be surprised at a profound lack of friends in his corner.

This seems normal.