The decline to moral bankruptcy of the GOP

A majority of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents (58%) now say that colleges and universities have a negative effect on the country, up from 45% last year.

And the US careens ever faster towards Idiocracy.

I don’t think material goals of GOP have changed much. They have simply dropped all pretense.

As far as I can tell, it continues to be a coalition of people who will do anything for upper-income tax cuts, people who will do anything to outlaw abortion, and certain other, less honorable types.

Don’t forget the bigger game afoot here as well. If the GOP wins just a few more state houses, and supermajority in congress, they have enough dominance to literally rewrite the constitution and approve it themselves, unilaterally. No other party members or debate will matter if they have unity of purpose. Balanced budget, religious rights, abortion, election “security”, firearms, immigration, … can you imagine what a new set of Amendments written by these guys will look like?! Don’t think there are not plans in place for this, just look at the number of Article V petitions already voted by states.

Well, now it’s upper income tax cuts paid for by gutting programs that help the poor and middle class. The rich don’t benefit from those programs so eff 'em. Let everyone else work their way up the ladder like they did. You think it’s easy being a trust fund baby?

But really, it’s just the Republican politicians that are the problem ;-)

Voting rights and criticizing the government have gone too far?

What in the - ?

But only when a Republican is President. When Obama was?

Then they can suddenly read their pocket Constitutions.

I’m also saddened that 11% of Democrats think freedom of the press is out of control.

One could argue that Fox News winning the right to lie through their teeth while pretending to be “fair and balanced” is a freedom which is out of control. (just being a Devil’s advocate, here)

Yeah there’s a problem when the news media for the conservatives can not only lie about facts, but corner coverage on a corrupt federal government and peddle the fake news bullshit about all their competitors.

Which is likely what most of them consider “out of control” in this case.

And it’d be hard to argue otherwise. Presenting opinion and supposition (not to mention wild bold faced lies) as facts and news is… corrosive. But we have to be very careful about any proposed fixes, as there is a strong possibility of unintended consequences.

It sure is the Left with the big First Amendment problem…

U.S. Representative Bill Flores (R-Texas) is from 17th Congressional district includes College Station and Waco; i.e., Texas A&M University and Baylor University.

[quote]WASHINGTON - U.S. Rep. Bill Flores, a Bryan Republican, called on President Trump to eject his children from the White House in light of continuing revelations over their activities in the 2016 presidential campaign.

“I’m going out on a limb here, but I would say that I think it would be in the President’s best interest if he removed all of his children from the White House,” Flores told East Texas affiliate KBTX Thursday morning. “Not only Donald Trump, but Ivanka and Jared Kushner.”

Flores was referring to Donald Trump, Jr., who posted on Twitter on Tuesday an email exchange from June 2016 in which he displayed an eagerness to collaborate with a Russian official to obtain damaging information on the Democratic nominee, former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. [/quote]

Why does he suddenly care? Perhaps…

[quote]However, she denied actually wanting McCain to die and claimed she was agreeing with the “sentiments” of the article.

The article’s author made clear it was a literal call for McCain’s death, saying at one point, “If you’re waiting for the part where I say I’m just kidding and would never wish death on anybody, please allow me to make myself clear: I sincerely, genuinely hope that Arizona Senator John McCain’s heart stops beating, and that he is subsequently declared dead by qualified medical professionals very soon.”[/quote]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯