The Division 2 - Make Washington D.C. Great Again

Only stuff you’re actively wearing counts towards displayed GS. I think it uses “highest GS ever seen” to determine what level things drop at, but even then, there’s a range.

Cool. I’m now up to 500 though the MMR I want to use is only at 497 so I’m using the one I have that’s 500. I suppose no way to get a 497 rifle up to 500?

No only upgrades of exotics can do that. Find a new 500 weapon to replace it.

Ok have the complicated instructions for how to get the exotic MMR changed? The ones I’m reading say get to WT5 (done) then do the Capitol stronghold which should let you do the Tidal Basin stronghold and that’s where you find the first item. But it appears the requirement for the Tidal Basin stronghold is now the District Union Arena so I’m wondering if everything has changed.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, so apologies if so.

The Division 2 is 70% off on uplay right now. Plus they’re having a play for free weekend.

Base game - $21
Gold Ed - $30
Ultimate Ed - $36
Year 1 Pass - $23.99 (included with Gold or Ultimate which seems like more great savings)

These are in USD obviously.

The order of the Strongholds is random after you unlock them the first time. But otherwise, the instructions are the same.

The exotic MMR is generally one of the better ones, although it’s difficult to use and mostly valuable for the passive talent that boosts headshot damage while holstered (equipped but not active).

So the pieces are still in the same strongholds as the guides say?

How in the world did they ever expect anyone to get this without a guide? (Or maybe they didn’t. )

A guide is not actually necessary; it’s only needed if you want to be efficient about the unlock instead of just stumbling upon the parts at random. Theoretically the item descriptions also give you hints about how to find the correct parts, so all of that information is available in-game, but you’d have to decipher the puzzle yourself.

Well, without a guide it would have never occurred to me to deconstruct a named sniper rifle that I found in an out of the way location.

My google-fu is weak: Is there a list of the weak spots on the big yellow boss guys? I found one but they basically said just shoot until you get their armor down.

The heavy tanks have 6 (I think) pieces of armour; Left/right leg, left/right arm, chest, helmet.

After one piece is knocked off, you can do damage to the health but only in the area of the knocked off piece. You do not need to break all their armour. I usually just fire into their chest or left arm area while running away. If it is the melee hammer guy, wait for his swing and dive. Reload while running away.

Dropping a turret can also be helpful as a distraction because the tanks will always go to destroy the turret first, leaving you time to focus fire on one part of their body.

The melee heavies don’t have a specific weakpoint, but usually just breaking their chest armor is the fastest way to whittle them down. They are also stunned briefly when you break an armor piece. The heavy minigunners can have their ammo belt broken. The heavy grenadiers and flamethrowers can have their backpack ammo reserves disabled by shooting the red weakpoint.

Per Ubisoft investor call, The Division 2 underperformed in relation to expectations. Breakpoint did much worse, but this game was cited by Yves Guillemot as an issue as well for the company’s decreased revenue and profits.

Not terribly surprising. Division 1 was in a fantastic place when the sequel came out, and the amount of mistakes or steps backwards with this game that they already fixed in the first one were baffling. Also, I personally didn’t find the summer DC environment nearly as compelling or immersive as NYC in winter.

Still had a good time getting up to WT5 and looking forward to this game being improved over the next year or so.

Pretty much where I stand also. I just don’t feel like playing this to chase better loot. I want more stories/missions.

Hey, lets all take a walk fown memory lane to the investor call comments just after launch!

The Division® 2: the industry’s biggest hit since the beginning of the year.

The Division® 2: record highs for engagement per player and season pass, 10-fold increase in sales on Uplay compared with The Division.

Without numbers its all meaningless.

Well Anthem was the 5th best-selling game of 2019 at one point. Look how well that piece of shit turned out.

This is what got me. I got tired of the first Division because of a bunch of issues. I had heard the game got so much better by 1.8 but I didn’t pay much attention until the 2nd one came around. I looked into more detail and saw that a bunch of my complaints had been addressed, so I went and picked up the sequel… only to find a bunch of the same problems that made me quit the first one!

Making mistakes is one thing. Identifying mistakes, taking the time and effort to correct those mistakes, and then repeating those exact same mistakes is mindboggling to me. Did the Division 2 team seriously have no contact or awareness of the team working on the first one?

My (mostly uninformed) speculation is that Div 2 did well at retail but has largely failed to generate ongoing microtransaction revenue. But yeah, without numbers and projections, it’s all just a guess on my part.

It’s too bad, really. People I’ve talked to almost all agree that the story missions and core gameplay were good, but that the endgame loot lottery is soul-crushing. Even with the new content being trickled out, most of my friends have moved on to other titles.