The Division 2 - Make Washington D.C. Great Again

IMO, this and Destiny are going in the wrong way of breaking down what they build, rather than grow on a solid foundation.

In the sense that I think they both would have been more successful if instead of building brand new games they used the same resources to refresh/improve/expand the mainline game.

I havent played Division 2 in awhile, but I still thought it was a very good game. Its alot to ask any game to have the staying power of a GTAV or Fortnite. I would hope they could do something like Warframe… that pieces out the rewards, but leaves all the gameplay content free to play. But even Warframe isn’t perfect… its a whale micro model, where most of the money is made on whales.

I played Division 2 after Anthem and found it a soothing balm.

That description does make Warframe sound more predatory on players like Star Citizen than what a generous f2p model they have.

They finally seem to have fixed the micro-stutter problem I had with this game!

In patch notes or just by random? Never heard about that problem in Div2, but good on them to have fixed it.

Haven’t been back to WAshington DC for a while now, so many other games and not enough time.
Anything else new there?

It only happened with the DX12 renderer. This was a major revamp.

So, this is worth picking up? It’s on major sale at epic, from 4.99 to 13.99 (ultimate edition). I’m not generally into military-adjacent games but loved Anthem, having a blast with Overwatch, etc.

How useful are the extras? Don’t mind paying 13.99 if the extra stuff is worth it

It’s basically The Division 1.5, mysteriously repeats mistakes that were corrected in the first game, doesn’t have the legs of the first game (particularly the Survival and Underground add-on) and is worth one play through.

Didn’t play the first.

First game was better, in my opinion. The Survival DLC is a lot of fun.

Yeah but you can’t really play Survival anymore since barely anyone else is playing it.

The Division 2 is fantastic fun IMO. And I did play a bunch of the original. The setting is cool - especially some of the missions which take place in museums - and the loot has a really fun and satisfying progression which they’ve steadily improved since release.

Don’t get any of the extra stuff. It’s definitely not worth it. There was no content sold, just cosmetics or quicker access to the same content which is otherwise free for everyone.

You can still play survival, but you just won’t see any other humans, and you have to be in queue for 5-10 minutes before the server gives up finding another human and starts the game.

For a couple of months this year my gaming time is exclusively solo survival. It is that good, even solo. Coop makes it easier but solo is very doable.

Thanks for the input, everybody.

I really like it. I read on the reddit group criticisms of how Div1 did this or that better, but I probably play 2 or 3 times a week. I play probably 50/50 solo/coop with my regular coop partner. I’ve gone from level 1 to level 30 to WT5/GS500 (i.e. the highest level in the game.) One thing I enjoy about the solo play is just taking my time in non-goal oriented mode, just exploring the streets and back alleys of D.C., finding ways to get into open windows on the upper floors, looking at all of the detail they have put into the environment, etc. Taking out bad guys that disturb my exploring. ;)

Lots of different guns and weapons types to try out and different weapon loadouts result in very different fighting styles. Lots of options wrt gear types and talents and mods.

I enjoy it a lot.

The game is 75 percent off right now - For a game that is supposed to last years upon years, like its predecessor, thats quite a bit.

The first game, had atmosphere in spades, the wintery citylandscape was amazing, and the later additions enhanced the game into something rather special.
D2 on the other hand, is set in a whatever city in just summer, which is boring as hell. The moment-to-moment gameplay feels like the exact same as the first one, so basically, to me, its the same game, with less interesting additions, in a boring landscape.

If you have the Epic holiday coupon that will knock it down to $4.99. Tempted at that price.

And the game is absolutely worth that! Its even worth full asking price, if you ask me. But its nowhere near as good as Division 1 is in its final form, and thats a big shame.

Yup, that’s what I was posting about. Ended up buying the base game. Played a few missions. Not bad so far.

It looks like the December patch has created a “oops we crashed” error upon exiting the game, every time. No matter if you quit, use /quit in chat or Alt-F4. Anyone else having this same problem? Ending the Division 2 process from Task Manager doesn’t cause it to crash though.