The Division 2 - Make Washington D.C. Great Again

My friend shouldn’t have clued me in on the Recalibration Library. Now I have a lot added to it and no money or weapons/armour.

The Re-calibration thing at least gives you a reason to loot otherwise crappy stuff, at least until you max out every value on every piece of gear in the library. It’s important to remember though that you can change I think one thing on a piece of gear, and once you do, you can only change that particular stat. So, at least it seems to me that this is true, you should only re-calibrate something you really want to keep if it has everything you need except one stat that isn’t maxed out, and if you can max it out via re-calibration.Of course, I’ve re-calibrated a bunch of stuff, without meeting these criteria, but I am only like SHD level 32 and using ok but not perfect gear.

Once you add something such as a talent to the library, can you add that talent to numerous weapons? I.e. in the recalibration system previously, if you wanted to move something from one piece of gear or weapon to another, it destroyed the gear/weapon you removed it from and you only had that one chance to use it. So if I add Breadbasket to the library, then add that to a piece of gear, does Breadbasket disappear or stay in the library for further use?

Yeah, it stays in the library AFAIK. Which is pretty cool, as once you max out a value you can then apply that to anything, assuming you haven’t already modified a different value on that item. The goal seems to be to find items with god-rolls on everything except one stat/talent, and then replace that via re-calibration.

Crafting in general though is something of a mess, at least it seems that way to me. I’m guessing most of the blueprints come from stuff I have not been doing, like missions/bounties on higher difficulty levels. I just now switched the global difficulty to Hard, from normal, so I’ll see if I get more blueprints. Challenging seems…really hard for a solo player, but it appears a lot of stuff drops only at that level? Right now I have like one or two things I can craft in each category except the weapon mods, and none of them are terribly interesting.

I’ve also seen that my brother, same level as I am, same place in progress since we play together, has picked up a couple of MMRs with base damage of low 600s. My highest one is 442. Nothing in the crafting table for MMRs is giving higher than 300s-400s. He also has ARs that are MUCH higher than anything I have. I assume he has just sacrificed a chicken to the RNG gods.

Several high-end (yellow) rifles like the Baker’s Dozen and the 1888 I think have very high raw damage numbers. So does the Diamondback exotic. But yeah, in general, you seem to have to sacrifice not only a lot of animals, but the right ones, to get RNGesus to smile on you.

Regarding pistols, I haven’t tested them extensively since the expansion came out, but they are 100% viable. Shot for shot, they have damage output comparable to a rifle. They suffer a bit from damage drop-off, but they have good accuracy, stability, and reload time. And of course, they have infinite ammo, which is extremely helpful given how long it takes to kill enemies these days.

Are you guys crashing with DirectX 12 enabled like I am?

Yes, about once every hour or so, not on dx11.

Weird. No issues with DX12 here. I’m running AMD Vega though, cause I’m a deviant.

The first game is broken on DX12 too. Just switch to DX11. Life is too short.

Yeah same engine so same crashes I noticed too in Div1.

DX12 doesn’t give me any visible benefits and crashes, so yeah, using DX11.

So I rolled my main into one of the post-Black Tusk side missions last night. Side mission loading sticks at roughly 10% and goes nowhere. Problem is that servers think my main is located in side mission, so, if I alt-f4 out and restart, game tries to load broken side mission. Appears my main is gone. Fuck you, ubi.

Rolled an expansion alt for New York. Crashes like 6 times in first mission. Simply opening a loot, or trying to open a door that doesn’t render on screen, blooie.

Game was fine last week. WTF

They are having server issues across the board.

20-25% faster for me on my GTX 1080 Ti. Appears the crashity crash crash happens with NVIDIA cards.

Running a 2070 Super, it’s plenty fast either way, so I choose the crashless option!

Every damn game. DX12 is always so unstable comparatively. I’m assuming it’s because greater developer resources are spent on the more universal DX11 version, but damn.

Oh well, at least we’re not stuck on DirectX 9.0c anymore.

If only we had more games also use Vulkan.

I think Breakpoint just got a Vulkan mode in its last patch.