The Division 2 - Make Washington D.C. Great Again

Sad to hear that it’s regressed. Division 1’s atmosphere still remains very impressive. I never played the addon but D2 just didn’t have the same attention to environment detail.

It’s amazing the whole lifecycle of Division 2 in the last 2 years parallels Anthem’s but the latter game had no additions to its content.

I dinked around with the Outriders demo this weekend and I liked it well enough, but the gameplay, the shooting and movement, just felt a little off. I felt like I needed a reminder of something that I had enjoyed so I booted Division 2 up.

Man, this game has the feel just nailed. Aiming and shooting make you feel like an effortless deadeye, and managing cover and movement are tight as well. Now I guess I’m going to get sucked into the WONY content, whoops.

Yeah, one of the things about this game that kept me playing even with all of the miscues was the feel of movement and combat. They nailed it.

For me, the world and the freedom and the variety of ways to take the bad guys on (i.e. different builds) combined with superb Co-op play made this something I gladly put hundreds of hours into. No regrets at all. My brother and I love military based open world coop games and there just aren’t that many. We tried Ghost Recon after we finished D2 and it was fun shooting and tactics but there really wasn’t any “pull” like the upgrading of equipment and trying out extremely different builds of D2. We’re still looking for our next military type coop game (we may have to wait for Far Cry 6 which is very different but we’ve had a great time in coop with the FC series.)

We did try D1 after playing a lot of D2 and hearing all the nostalgia for it, but we don’t play PvP and the PvE was just eh. And the really weak loot system in D1 finally made us quit it.

New FTP mode for popular murder sim incoming…

Some leaked Heartland footage here. Off to watch :)

That’s a very specific watermark on the leaked video. Doesn’t seem to have deterred whoever.

Yeah, was thinking whomever it is doesn’t care if they have access any longer?

Yeah so I’ve finally started this after playing TD1 for years. This feels like grinding all over again. The gear roll I imagine will be murder to get the perfect build.

Storywise it is a bit meh. After about 5 months after Jan I feel like it is finally time to play this. Generally it is more busy work. I have to hit Level 30 and endgame to see if I will switch to 2, but currently not that keen.

The framerate is noticably less stable than TD1. It is a more wide-open environment but still, for a game that comes later it is a pity that it is performing worse.

Oh oh oh I joined the QTT clan. Normally I’m PvE person, but it will be weeks before I’ll be ready for raid or legendary tho.

I am not very fond of the design choices in TD2. Basically there is way too many busy work. RNG loot generator makes it a grind. It is basically a skinner box for gear grinding. But PvE is a vast improvement over TD1, there is quite a variety of ways to grind.

The story is a bit on the Tom Clancy side, to Ubisoft’s credit. Pandemic and storming the Capitol etc. are plot points that are a bit too close to the truth, just like Tom Clancy’s novels.

And then there is the Dark Zone. TD1 probably has the most innovative PvPvE gameplay at the time with the Dark Zone, and in the TD2 they completely botched it. The three DZs are not connected, so it becomes more of a caged fight rather than hunting in a vast map.

Shooty mans in first person.

Is that a new Division game? Set where?

Tune in tomorrow to find out…

Same Bat time, same Bat channel!

This reminds me for Division 1 Time Square mission… oh man, I am too jaded !

xDefiant. FTP.

This article is from Ubisoft, giving the barebones description of what seems to be an extraordinarily bland and uninteresting product.

28:00 mark for the reveal

So Ubisoft does overwatch