The Dominions 4 Thread of Multiplayer Stabby Stabby Ascension - 2014 Edition

All this doom and gloom in Hangman! Woe is me, I have no gold! I don’t have any research because I’m being oppressed! Oh, someone gave my bats a suntan!

BAH!!

Let all know that the monkeys have researched everything to level 9 (and in some cases, level 10). Our lords sit on magnificent piles of gold, idly wondering what its good for. I mean, its not bananas. Blood slaves march by the legion into our towering tabernacles of terrifying transference. Vast armies of undead unceasingly undergo unearthing. And we have even found a magic site or two. Frankly, this world is for the monkeys, they just chose not to extend their domain at the time. Turning the other cheek, as it were.

Haha, anyone who complains of gold or mage or research shortages should have seen QTFour… now those were shortages!

Hah! Well said from the monkey-folk. Let’s try this:

The bat swarm is still plenty huge and if you all don’t get off your lazy rear, we are going to win the game in 2 turns!

Yep, I was going to make a post about it, lol.

QTHangman

Xibalba just took the throne province near me, the one I commented it was full of vinemen and vineogres. AND he is a flying AND stealth nation, he can move very fast to other throne provinces without ways of stopping him and take them. If he isn’t stopped, he is going to win.

So this game is worth it? Considering plonking down while it is 75% off, at the very least it’ll look nice atop my backlog. =/

Yes45

Yes456789and10

Thanks. =)

Do not be intimated by the interface, or the initial few turns, BigWeather. The jewel of this game is its balance. The AI is passable for learning, but to truly appreciate this game, you need to play vs humans. Everyone has a different way of playing this game, and everyone approaches each nation a bit differently. This makes for awesome games in which you are wondering why your opponent is doing X until he whacks you with the completed army and spells.

Its very deep, and will occupy many hours of your time you should have spent sleeping.

Uh… Kelan, are you there? time limit is closing in…

Yeah. Busy day today! Just got done with dinner and show with my wife and now I have an hour to get the turn in! Hope I have enough time :).

Next turn is up:

Man, I hate it when I make mistakes like that. Been a while since I have messed up a turn like that one. I made a really critical mistake that may cost me my chance, ugh.

QTHangman
Nice army. Three Archdevils in one place and the Pretender too? Seems ambitious!

Or foolish? Hard to say so far!

Yeah, I gave Machaka some target practice with his Fire Kings, yes both of them, and King of the Banefires and those fire kings and a few other casters throwing around Flame Storm in battle is a sight to see. That and relief, mass regen and some other spells and I am seeing some stuff I was afraid of, and expected. I accidentally left 120 undead outside my fort on a throne there that I really needed for holding the walls up. You can thank me later for the target practice, the fun to see your guys in action, and free xp!

Then, in the province next door are both of the Earth Kings! They are kitted out and who knows what tricks they have up their sleeve when in a real battle.

Oh, and thanks for the few disease presents again, Sauro ;). I feel like I am in a race to win before my empire crumbles around me :).

I am curious. If you have a unique hero die, is there a chance you can get him to appear again in the same game later?

Meanwhile, Lanka is still pressuring me, it just took two more provinces and they are near my cap. So I won’t be able to help against the evil Xibalba, I have my hands full with monkeys.

Even though your undead were left outside I still can’t harm your walls. You only need to storm 93 now and hold your thrones and you’ve won.

So thats two turns, right? Storm and then claim, assuming he has a H3 priest at the ready for the thrones he has not claimed yet?

Attention those who are bored, easily amused, or have nothing to do on a friday night ( should cover all of us variously, except those Down Under mud wrestling koalas for a fresh Bundy and coke).

The Multiplayer forums over at Desura (where this iteration of the game was first published) is trying to get together a cross forum team game. In other words, we could have four persons from here battling against four from Desura, four from playboyBabesPlayDominions (you’ve clicked it, I know you have), four from forum X, etc.

Here’s the link: http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/cross-forum-disciple-game

We could probably even do a couple teams, if enough people are interested. I think it would be a blast teaming up with each other than slugging it out and trying to figure out what DireAussie has planned THIS TIME.

One thing I will note - these MP team games, much like QTDoom, were short games with team planned out rushes. But if we have a bunch of teams, it might be different.

I think this is the first time I’ve seen a unit where the abilities barely fit in the unit screen window!