The Dominions 4 Thread of Multiplayer Stabby Stabby Ascension - 2014 Edition

QTHangman

Machaka, go West or South with your army, I will go west to take the Xibalba province. I say it to avoid both attacking the same (which I think it would be worse than Xibalba just reading this and buying pd). If I fail in taking it, it’s yours.

QTHangman

Sorry about all those remote attacks Sauro. They were destined for Xibalba but unfortunately most of them hit you!! Hopefully he doesn’t have a sneaking H3 priest there and has to fly his demon priest from the other throne across. I don’t think there’s anything we can do about stopping him regardless. It will take me another 2 turns to get over there and by that time the throne will be claimed.

Yeah, I was sweating it when I saw one of them hit a Batab, which is also my prophet. But, fortunately for me, the spell hit a hiding Batab carrying some gems and blood slaves.

I really wish there was two scripts you could set, one for normal battles and one for assassination attempts. My mages were dumb as rocks at the spells they picked for those assassination battles this round, ugh.

I wish there were two scripts for general battles, one for defending and one for attacking, as it makes sense for the battle plans to differ. Not only spells, but the position of troops also should change.

No worries about any attacks on Sauro. We’ve been numbed to attacks and losing provinces.

I’ve seen some shit. Assassins, mind attacks, plagues, hurricanes, clouds of disease, undead, curses, packs of wild wolves…

/traumatized look

Hopefully there is more for you to experience!

Are remote attack spells before or after the movement phase?

The remote attack happen before movement. However teleports and such happen within the same period, I believe randomized.

I think the quote is " I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoals of Orion."

Any magical movement/attacks etc all are random in order, but all occur in the same phase and before conventional movement. Keep in mind that conventional movement that is assisted by magic(ie, boots of flying, or the flying ship) counts as conventional movement and does not happen during magical resolution.

For this reason, the coordination of magical and conventional attacks are not possible. For instance, if you trapeze in magic support into a province at the same time you attack with neighboring conventional forces, the trapeze attacks will occur and be resolved independently of the conventional force attacks. However, all combat resulting from magical attacks will be resolved at the end of phase with all forces present at one time (so if you cast a wind trapeze and 2 call of the winds, your mage and 2 flights of useless birds will be there to do combat)

Hangman

Sorry about that bump, Berytos. Moving back north now.

Agartha! Come out and face the many armed might of the monkeys!

peanut gallery

Man, I miss Dominions.

Both games are nearing the end phase, so I am pretty sure that new ones will start up pretty soon. The evil geniuses that inhabit this board might even come up with a team game, with several different teams, maybe? I don’t know. But its a ton of fun, even when you get curb stomped by a bless rush.

Indeed, hangman will probably end this turn! Anon has a bit further to go though. Pace is slow because we are deep into end game.

Doesn’t it also depends on whether it’s a friendly province?

QTAnon

Added 48 hours

Well that certainly was…anticlimactic.

QTHangman

Congrats Xibalba for the victory!

Now, I warned people that were wrong attacking me as if I was the big menace, the true danger were Xibalba but they never heard me… I warned again a pair of turns ago that they were close to throne victory… but nope.

A pity we couldn’t see what would happened in the big battle Lanka, your 600 against my 420. That said you enabled Xibalba victory in a way, as I could have tried to RoS Xibalba’s ass in a throne two provinces away if you weren’t attacking me.

My report as Agharta is:
I was never as strong as some people believed me. I had a big powerful army, but I had my forces focused on one particular side, with the other one totally left open and undefended. My research wasn’t as good most of the people (you can see the graph). I didn’t have a single thug or SC. I barely crafted items in the game, except 6-7 magical boosters, because I needed the gems for my summons (because in case anyone haven’t noticed, my national troops are crap!), I didn’t have any extra to do items. Oh yeah, and my scouts. I didn’t have a fucking province where to recruit scouts without fort, 30 provinces, and not one :S :S. My intelligence network was… let’s say somewhat lacking.
Believe it or not I wasn’t going to be aggressive after taking Mictlan, if that’s what people feared, as I knew I needed a consolidation phase, doing forts, improving my lacking research, doing a few items, etc.

My fate was already decided in a very particular turn. When I was finishing conquering Mictlan, both Lanka and Xibalba, two of the three other powerful players attacked me at the same time. Xibalba in special hurt me a lot, taking 1/3 or even a bit more of my empire before I could do a lot (damn stealth fliers). In any case good surprise attack in several provinces at the same time Kelan. Not only that, but it happened just when I had most of my forces in the furthest provinces in Mictlan area, I needed lots of turn to come back, with Lanka also in the way.

So… Hangman is finished?

Yep, all over folks! No need for the spoiler flag :)

Grats Kelan! My remote attack spells crushed your prophet that turn, and Berytos arrived with a large army, but all too late!! Your mid-game was executed exceptionally well. Wish I had realised how close you were to victory a bit earlier!