The Elder Scrolls Online

The details are out for player Housing. It arrives in February. It’s free content. It looks fantastic:

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/12/06/introducing-homestead

I keep giving this game sideways looks. My only other MMO experience was Lord of the Rings Online, which I enjoyed for the exploration but got the heck away due to the time sink and sorta’ boring fetch questing.

And yet, this one tries to lure me in every few months. That player housing looks great.

Get behind me, Satan! My backlog cannot abide an MMO!

I subscribe to this, and I just began subscribing to LOTRO. They’re both great for the solo exploratory player who wants to do a bajillion quests.

The free teleport to house is a nice touch. Allows people to pick house by flavor instead of convenience. Probably necessary otherwise everyone will just nest in Rawl.

You can play very successfully for free. And since it’s free why not? All you have to lose is your soul, I mean your free time!

Stop it! I’m just going to back away slowly from this thread.

https://media.giphy.com/media/a93jwI0wkWTQs/giphy.gif

pulls hedge clippers from holster

/RANT WARNING/ I sure hope they fix the pvp meta. Love this game but I have never seen it so bad. You would have thought that the goofy viper, velidreth, ransack tremorscale,…etc would have been “balanced” by now. I haven’t played for almost 2 months. Not coming back unless stam vs. magicka gets a serious adjustment too. /END RANT/

Oh that reminds me, how does one respec a character? I think I wanna toy with my sorcerer a bit. I’m not fully clicking with him.

You need to go to the shrines and pay some gold. Attributes are around 3k and skill points are something like 100 gold per point iirc.

This page here shows you exactly where to go

What do I do with rare fish? Can i just sell it (does the system keep track automatically for achievements?).

I want to sell them to free up inventory space.

Awesome, thanks for this!

The game keeps track of them for your fishing achievements so you can just sell them. It would be cool with the new housing coming in that you could mount them on your wall but I doubt that they will have that implemented…at least right away.

@Vic_Davis

Thanks!

What about all those collectibles that are worth zero gold? Do we destroy them? They take up space and I do not see that we can do anything with them - not even put them in our bank.

Basically you should check that you have gotten credit for the collectible in your achievements tab and then you can either sell or destroy it if it’s not worth any gold.

Here is a list for where you can farm a bunch of them. It might be outdated though

So I gave in and tried smoking some ESO PvP last night after having been away from the game for over 2 months. I was rusty but something seemed really wrong. Couldn’t quite put my finger on it. Ganking was a lot harder and some targets seemed to have supernatural senses. I was puzzled but kept playing thinking it was just my rust or poor ping.

Turns out some player has developed an add on that basically siphons data from lists to indicate stealthed players in the area and certain actions that they perform. You can even get alerts on incoming heavy attacks from stealthed players. The altruistic jerk just thought that he didn’t like gankers and wanted to provide the community with tools to help them…even though the guy is stam nb ganker himself who I have fought on many occasions. I have to wonder how long he’s been using this just for himself. It would explain a lot in the last 6 months.

I really hope they fix this idiocy quickly. They are really terrible about dealing with this kind of stuff. Cheat engine was a mess last May I think it was. Bunch of permabans resulted but the impression is that many were eventually lifted and that cheat engine is still something that can be used in game. A healthy pvp game is built on the foundation of trust in a fair playing field. That may be an illusion with the realities of the technology but they need to at least act/pretend it is so.

What is a good health amount for a Stam Sorc? I keep getting one shot when in a group. I put 4 attribute points in health and 36 in Stamina. I am a level 33 or rhere abouts.

Don’t really remember for below 50 but with the auto leveling I would guess it would be near the old endgame numbers. Last time I pve’d it was 18k hp min for a dps. 20k would ensure that you didn’t get one shot in a lot of the boss mechanics if you had a decent healer.

In pvp you really need mid 20k to survive if you are open field fighting with no cloak so not a nightblade. As a stma sorc you should keep hurricane up at all times and use all the opportunities to buff your mobility with major and minor expedition. Stam sorcs are really good in pvp right now. As a nightblade I usually just ignore them because they can chase me down and lock me down so easily.

They said a few weeks ago that they may change the API in response to this addon.

I started to group a bit and wanted to check on my terminology. If a player states, “Attack the adds when the main enemy turns red” - do they mean the other enemies?

In other words, attack main boss but when they are invulnerable etc go for the other bad guys?