The Elder Scrolls Online

There is no need to make it so complicated. Put about 1/3 of your points into health , or less. If you suddenly start doing, put a few more into health, or use glyphs to increase your health.

You also have a ton of other options such as the use of food to increase health or health regen, or potions in combat.
While builds can be complex, thats mostly those that do maelstrom arenas and the like who have to think about stuff like that - the rest of us can have fun with pretty much whatever we enjoy.

I put the vast majority of my points into health while leveling. I may have done less damage, but it was much less annoying. If you block better than me, you may not need it.

IMHO, if you’re just doing the storyline and quests, you can easily make do with 0 points in health as long as you always have blue health + stamina/magicka food. However, if you want to do dungeons and you’re not yet maxed out, I think the scaling won’t give you enough health if you have 0 points invested in it. Beginners should aim for 18-19k health after scaling in most dungeons. Anything less just leads to frustration.

Respeccing attributes is pretty cheap anyway, so go with what you’re comfortable with.

When was this? Because if its now, then you are most defintely doing it wrong. Do you stand still and fight? Not moving out of red circles and the like? It really is an action MMO, and you need to move a bit from time to time.

I realize of course how this comes off, but Im not trying to be a dick - My GF is not a hardcore game at all, puts less than 1/3 of points into health, and has died may three times so far at level 35. I’d love to see a video of you figting a few mobs sometime since I have quite a number of hours in the game and may be able to help with something?

I kept dying when the game originally released and bounced off it due to this. I did move out of telegraphs but didn’t actually block all the time. Very possible the game has changed since then and it’s now poor advice!

Also, for people just starting I’d recommend a magicka build over stamina. They have better survivability, better versatility and most importantly, you won’t unlock a cool class skill that you can’t is very sub-optimal to use (the only exception to this is stamina nightblade, who gets most of the neat toys their magicka counterparts do.) Stamina sorcs are fun for certain purposes, but you’ll be looking longingly at daedric mines and ward when you unlock them.

magicka sorcs - best and easiest endgame PvE dps and best spec if you’re soloing. Between pets and your shield it’s possible to solo most things in the game.

magicka templars - best versatility. Altmer is probably a better choice, but make an Argonian one and you can even switch back and forth between stamina/magicka focus if you want to (though stamina templars are very lacking except in PvP.)

magicka nightblades - most neglected (but still viable) class in terms of end game, but deserves a mention for being able to perma-stealth while running almost as fast as a horse. Great if you’re questing and tired of fighting mobs, or if you’re collecting mats for crafting. Also a good introduction to Cyrodiil since you can stealth the whole way between keeps and not get ganked.

Haha okay then. Its a completely different game. Its currently one of the finest MMO’s I ever played, and I hated it at launch, but now? Man - its really awesome, even on consoles!

It also has had around 2 million patches, so I doubt you’d recognize the game in any way now. It has a “Free week” this week actually, as far as I know, if you want to try it out again?
I promise you won’t die quite as easily!

It depends. If you’re playing a stamina build without having unlocked the vigor skill (which was not easy to get at launch – much easier now) you won’t have a lot of self healing. The extra health buffer helps there. All the magicka classes have great self-healing, and more importantly they can all self-heal while doing damage, so you don’t need a lot of health. Exception to this are dungeons where there are attacks that can one shot you if you’re below a certain threshold (usually 17-18k)

Oh I played it well after launch and sunk a couple weeks into it, have a CP140ish stamina DK. I never did respec that health, though.

This build?

http://deltiasgaming.com/eso-magic-sorcerer-dps-build/#Group

Yeah, that looks pretty comprehensive.

One thing worth noting if you’re new–Deltia points it out in several of his videos–make sure while you are leveling that you keep at least one skill from EACH of your skill lines on your bar(s) at all times. The reason this is important is a) skills that are on your action bar progress faster because they benefit from turning in quest xp and b) each of your main skill lines has an overall skill level that is important for unlocking the sub skills under it as you progress. Keeping one from each of your lines on your action bars will allow the 3 class skills to roughly stay at the same level while you progress.

I know that can be confusing but really isn’t after you’ve played for a bit. See this pic:

In the shot above the class skills are Ardent Flame, Draconic Power, and Earthern heart (think of them loosely like the different skill trees in Diablo or Wow). Each one of those skills has an overall number (in the shot you see Ardent Flame is 50) and underneath them are the sub skills. Each of the sub skills needs ‘X’ in the main skill to unlock where ‘X’ increases as you get to the higher level skills.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: I should probably call them abilities instead of sub skills to stay accurate with the game nomenclature.

Man, I loved sorcer in ESO. But for the console I have made a rogue because otherwise it will be like re-replaying stuff too much. Sorcer was nice because the blink thing was a good “leave me alone” for PvP and and since in ESO everyone can be invisible you did not really sacrificed anything/much.

The easiest class I leveled was my stamina sorc, that still used pets. Bow + dual wield + pets, pretty much invincible right from the start. I used bow and tank pet to get to level 15, then started with the DW stuff from there. The tank sorc pet + a bow makes the early levels just super easy. It’s also really fun lol.

Once you get some levels into a stamina sorc, and get the spamable mana recharge and heal, you are literally unkillable. I soloed dolemens and world bosses with that character with relative ease.

Stam sorcs are probably the most resilient of stam classes due to crit surge / dark deal, but mag sorcs are capable of ridiculous stuff like this.

Not that you’d ever want to repeat that, but they’re on a whole other level of survivability.

I started a magplar because I had never played Templar before.

A decent (text!) n00b guide: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/how-to-level-up-your-first-character/

This is a video of my character AFK.

Sorry about the shaky cam, I was dancing.

The week of free play and the great sale price (less than $10) got me to install this to give it a try. So far it seems like just the type of MMO I like. I created a high elf sorcerer and I’m guessing that the first things I should do after I get out of the tutorial is join the NPC guilds and try to get some training gear somehow? Is that about right?