The Elder Scrolls Online

Was thinking of leveling a warden so that’s good to know @Charlatan . I’m only around 550 CP and will probably continue leveling that to 810 first. Just got the Ring of the Pale Order for my StamDK so he went in and soloed Spindleclutch when it came up as an Undaunted pledge. That ring is great for soloing and sadly it will probably get hit with the nerf bat some day.

Everything is autoleveled to be some challenge, but all the rewards are autoleveled too so it doesn’t feel pointless. Also there’s a steep power gain once you hit level 160 and gear up with a set and monster set, which doesn’t take very long.

My ‘feature to some’ statement was in deference to morlac - I’m not bothered by it myself! It is altitis that kills me.

So I started a wood elf warden and my god so far he can shoot arrows as the day is long.

Were bows buffed? I looked at ESO a while ago, and I recall bow was a poor weapon at the time.

Apologies - I was using ‘legit’ as in “class themed”, not necessarily to indicate super meta end game awesome. I think there are end-game builds that can use bow at least on the back bar. I think bow/bow builds are low end of DPS for progression type stuff, but 2h/bow is quite decent.

Yeah currently I have a fire staff and bow and like them both very much.

If you have a character that is beyond level 50, and are in the champion points leveling eg CP160, your new toons that you create will get the CP160 immediately so you get to enjoy the passives. You just need to level your toon to 50, but at least, you don’t have to grind the CP all over again.

Yes, CP soft-caps at 160, that’s when gear stops improving. The hard cap is 810, I believe, but what really matters is getting to 160 and that doesn’t take long at all.

Lol - it does when you have 9 different toons, and start a new one everytime you get back to the game after an extended leave.

No, CP are account-wide. You still need to level those chars to 50 and more importantly, level up their horse speed. IMO that is the worst part of ESO, the mount leveling.

I think, in all the years of playing ESO, I managed to get one character to level 50 - and that was on Console. I do have 9 or so on PC that are between level 18 and 45 or so.

Takes around 15-20 hours with XP scrolls, and you’ll have dozens of those if you just log-in every day for the rewards.

I’ll take your word for it, but I can’t be arsed to log in every day for rewards - that just seems like work to me. But I agree completely, that the game is fun, and I have no issue not being max level and having fun, so its all good!

You really should, just to train your mount, when you aren’t actively playing. Only way to do it without going crazy.

I’m thinking of hopping into this game finally, but leaning towards playing on the Xbox which I’m surprised I’m considering - I own both the original collectors’ edition on the PC (the “Imperial Edition”) as well as the Xbox One X/Series X version of Elsweyr (which I guess has more content because it has the expansions other the Skyrim one, although maybe that doesn’t matter with game pass? Not clear to me).

Is it cross platform? (i.e. can I dabble with characters on both PC and Xbox and settle on the platform I prefer?). How does it work on xbox if you don’t have a keyboard for messages - does everyone use a headset for grouping?

I’m an Elder Scrolls fanboy so I’m interested in exploring as many quests and as much content as possible.

Can’t answer for how it plays on xbox with no keyboard, but it isn’t cross-play. You’ll be repurchasing on each platform. Add-ons are a big deal for me personally, so I’d never opt for anything other than PC.

Is ESOUI/Minion the best place still to get mods for this thing?

Yep!

I’m using BanditUI + PerfectPixel right now as a base. Bandit seems to be a popular all-in-one deal, with most of the major “needed” stuff built in for those that just have to customize their hpbars/buffs/etc. (like me!). There are a boatload of other useful addons, but I’m trying to add them a bit more slowly than I normally do so I actually understand what I have. I’ll still have 50 by tomorrow.

I believe I read that the Xbox 1 version has voice recognition for chatting. Can’t vouch for how well it works: I could never leave the add-ons on PC.

You’ll be hard-pressed to run out of those.