The Falconeer: fly and fight over an open world created by 1 man

Thanks for the link to her stuff.

@FalconeerDev, you certainly got my attention with what I’ve seen of the game so far. And I’m definitely looking forward to learning more. Given how many people in these parts seemed to miss the game at X019, have you considered talking to the likes of RPS or Eurogamer to talk them through your latest build and the gameplay?

A preview would be a nice, easy way to link info on the game and gameplay (easier than Reddit comments for sure :) ), But I’m not sure how much time those things take away from your development time and whether there are any constraints on who you talk to. I do think that, after the recent DF piece on the game, they might be interested to have a chat though.

Speaking of “take my money”, do you know whether the game is slated for a Gamepass release, or a normal release on the MS store?

In any case, good luck with the game and here is looking forward to more info about it… and a release date. :)

Looks great. I’m quite curious how the performance will be on my older PC, considering the unique graphics approach.

Happy to have you here, Tomas. And Falconeer looks amazing. Promote away, but more importantly, get it in our hands as soon as you can!

-Tom

Already said this on the DF YouTube video comments, but I somehow completely missed this game during XO19, and it looks tremendous.

I love the artstyle, and it even seems to avoid the issue I sometimes have with games that don’t use texture maps, which is that the presentation can look kinda spartan and cheap. The water, especially in the shots I’ve seen where it looks like it’s being diverted around objects with… magic or something?.. is beautiful. The whole look has a vaguely steampunk vibe to it, and definitely evokes Crimson Skies in obvious ways.

I don’t know how you manage to make something like this by yourself, Tomas.

I wasn’t I’ll be there for the first time this year… quite exciting. There’s quite a few flying /bird games around now, my personal take is that when times are bleak people gravitate to themes of escape and uplifting naturally. ;)

she is awesome!

She did this song especially for the trailers, wrote it and recorded it. But ingame there are different requirements both practical and legal/rights wise.

That said I’m super excited that Benedict Nichols has come onboard to do all music and sound. He’s also the guy doing the music for Omno (another solo dev game you should check out)

We’re working on a series of blogs on the game content, the first of which went live yesteday, and is on worldbuilding and the map

I’ve got another one lined up on combat and one of the game’s factions. So more info to come soon.
That said there looks to be more media coverage coming up, and Pax-east will hopefully also help a lot, with loads of people going to take the game, or the demo content for a spin.

Boy and I can tell you that’s already tickling my nerves, so I’ll be cramming in so much work before then to get it as good as I can get. I’d say my superpower isn’t just ADD, but also nervous anxiety that’s only cured by making what I work on better (that sounds worst that it is, trust me I love it).

well seeing its a Id@xbox game, the PC ms store is certainly on the do list. Gamepass I can’t comment, because I don’t know. But the more people ask, the better its chances.

@FalconeerDev This looks cool man, nice job.

This looks fascinating. Crimson Skies/ Privateer in a steampunky waterworld? I’ll follow this. I hope the PC version is a PC version and not a console port.

I love the aesthetics.

I’m not sure the game has KB&M controls. I’m not sure it needs them either.

Myself i’m a stick or gamepad man 100% for flight games,

but it has a wasd for directional control and mouse for orbitcam setup at the moment.
Ik know a lot of pc gamers want a more FPS style of controls. And some flight games offer that where the plane follows the mouse. Personally I committed some time later to do something cool for mouse flight.

But just like racing with a mouse, it’s not going to be a fps in the sky ;)
(i know some space games went that route, and if you have no air resistance I can sortoff believe that, but not with riding a living bird)

It’s me … talking…oooh they used all the footage… ooh well

Cool, keep the updates coming, and since you’re managing yourself, don’t be too hard on him, haha.

This looks awesome.

I very much love it when devs join the forum!

Very happy to see you here, @FalconeerDev , and I’m looking forward to the game!

That turned out really well. Hopefully you get lots more exposure!

thanks, hoping Pax will add a bit more exposure. And there’s some nice stuff coming out before then as well. ;)

Hi everyone,

Lots of new articles and posts on the Falconeer coming up after PAX, development has been on a small pause with regards to my daughter being born last week, and then having to adjust to Corona. But we’ve got reinforcements (fresh from isolation;) coming in to help out , so I can get back in the saddle next week.

That said here’s the first new trailer for the game, diving into the Mancer order ,their lore and such. As well as a few revealing tidbits ;)

Enjoy !

Cool, thanks for the latest look in on it. Realize it’s probably going to be a bit yet before this one launches but do you know at this point if it’s this year?