The Fall of Harvey Weinstein

This is such a ridiculous thing to be outraged about.
Comedian makes crude joke - shock! facepalm

Probably more ridiculous to be outraged about someone else being annoyed about an asshole.

Must outrage be rationed? Is there some global shortage I’ve not heard about?

I think we live in an outrage culture. Something about the Internet, the endorphin rush of anger and instant gratification but that’s a whole other conversation :)

My problem with this particular outrage is that it’s outrage about someone doing their job.
Cyclist rides bike - shock!
Duck swims in pond - horror!

I believe the fact that Louis CK still gets to do the job that made him a rich man while harassing women is the issue.

Yup, I understand. I think we’re about to go around that circle again so I’ll bow out since I’ve already argued my position ad nauseum :)

One thing that is amusing is how many of the folks complaining about CK are chronically unfunny failed comedians, trying to break into the limelight by complaining about CK.

I think you’re selling outrage about outrage. I mean, if you just call it ‘disapproval’, suddenly it doesn’t sound quite so hysterical. What’s wrong with voicing disapproval?

C.K. starts the set by noting that he’s had a rough time in the 14 months since multiple women came forward accusing him of sexual harassment and misconduct.

As the set continues, C.K. acknowledges that some of his comments will provoke controversy but he stresses he has little to lose.

“What are you going to do, take away my birthday? My life is over. I don’t give a s—,” he said.

Boo boo.

Man, I wish my life was over in the same fashion CK’s. It must be tough having enough money to retire and still have your health.

I agree to some extent, he’s in a good position. But for a lot of people their work is their life. Why does Stephen King continue to write? Why does Warren Buffet go to work every day? I’ve always wondered about people like this.

Anyway, if Louis CK is suffering a bit, he earned it. I have no sympathy for him. Maybe he’s going to turn into a right-wing nut like Gallagher.

He’s not suffering. He’s going after kids who literally saw their classmates blown away. He’s going after a group that has one of the highest suicide rates. All while being a a piece of shit himself. The man is garbage. He didn’t, and he won’t learn anything. He’s a classic abuser and bully.

He’s said that he has to write. That the stuff in his head needs to come out. It keeps him sane.

It’s just another way of him saying that work is an important part of his life.

It’s actually something I worry about somewhat. I am in the third day of a four day weekend off from work and I’m a bit antsy already. I need things to do. Work fills that gap. Not sure what I will do in retirement. I need a plan to keep busy.

That’s so not me. I don’t think I’ll have any difficulty adjusting to retirement, if there’s still a country/world left by the time I get to that age. :)

I would imagine he has suffered acutely in the past year, emotionally/psychologically if not materially/financially. Not to say it wasn’t deserved, but the thing is, even if your suffering is a form of justice, and even if you deserve more suffering, and even if you are suffering less than your victims suffered, it can still be experienced as suffering. Whether anyone should care, needless to say, is another matter.

If Louis CK suffers and nobody gives a fuck, did it really happen?

Is this just an odd way of saying you don’t care if he has suffered? I can’t really parse it any other way.

It’s hard to quantify suffering. Like, if you are a whining bitch, do you suffer more than if you are stoic? If you are of weak mind and body, do you deserve less punishment because you will suffer more?

Anyway, what I’m more concerned about is restitution. What has he done to make up for his errors? What has he done to prevent future incidents from happening?
CK suffering is not necessary, but him showing contrition and making amends is.