The Fall of Harvey Weinstein

I agree 100%. It quickly became a stick with which to beat people with.

This is one of those obvious things that I never thought about in quite that exact context.

To be fair, Franken has enough accusers now that I don’t think we’re talking about zero tolerance anymore. Garrison Keillor remains the sketchiest case.

Weirdly enough, or maybe not, but this works for men but not women.

I’m not sure where i’m at right now with the #metoo thing insofar as it relates to gender and society, but i’m closing on there needing to be different standards for different genders, because it actually does appear women just don’t lie, and this throws the legal standards out of whack because it’s premised on the standards that men hold, because men do lie.

Thankfully it’s not up to me to disentangle all that at the same time as certain portions of the liberal society are rejecting the idea of gender entirely. Hurray for impossible to reconcile world views.

Bartlett’s tweet makes no sense. At minimum, Democrats would have been accused of massive hypocrisy, quite rightly so, had Franken not stepped down.

I fhink Franken’s victims would say otherwise. This isn’t a political game. These issues have lasting affects on real people’s lives and careers. There is a trail of broken careers and lives behind when someone did come out. They’re coming out now because it’s safer to do it. They might not lose their career tomorrow over it.

The reality is, while Franken was competent and popular… there is nothing that he brought to the table which was unique.

It’s not like you can’t find another senator to be competent and represent the same ideals.

Keep your powder dry then

This should surprise no one since they revealed what the sexual harassment policies are there and of course the ridiculous dress codes and sexism in general.

Always good advice.

Arizona GOP rep Trent Franks is done.

Resigning because of sexual harassment claims, I take it?

Apparently seriously suggested to the ladies in his office that one of them have his child.

It’s this it? I thought that he actually got one of them pregnant.

Apparently there was pressure applied to those staffers to be the surrogate mother.

I find it hard to believe that this is all that went down.

He did something worse than this. He wouldn’t have instantly resigned over this.

Chinese trains? Welcome to my daily commute. We squeeze on so tightly when the doors shut and everyone breathes out the entire crowd shifts position as one.

The other questionable one was Johnny Depp, I think? Since that was an ex-wife making the claim, possibly with an ax to grind.