The first annual (unofficial) QT3 Game of the Year Award nominations!

Console:

1. Gears of War
  2. Rainbow Six Vegas
  3. Tony Hawks Project 8
  4. Guitar Hero 2
  5. Bully

PC:

1. Company of Heroes.

Yeah.

CONSOLE[ol][li]Rainbow Six Vegas
[/li][li]Gears of War
[/li][li]Chromehounds
[/li][li]Viva Pinata
[/li][li]Guitar Hero II[/ol]
[/li]PC[ol][li]World of Warcraft v2.0
[/li][*]Galactic Civilizations II[/ol]

PC
Hitman: Blood Money

Console
Tony Hawk: Project 8
Guitar Hero 2
Dead Rising
Lego Star Wars 2

I mostly play older bargain bin stuff. Even the last two console choices above I played at other peoples’ houses.

1. Space Rangers 2
  2. Galactic Civilizations 2
    3-5. someone please buy me a gaming PC so that I don’t have to suffer from not having a gaming PC anymore =(

I just bought brand new PC gaming rig.

Seriously, you’re not missing a ton. I’ve only bought a few titles this year. None besides Company of Heroes had me running to the store on Day 1. Sorry to say it. Next year there will be a much better selection.

PC

1. Ticket to Ride
  2. Company of Heroes
  3. Defcon
  4. Fall from Heaven
  5. Rise of Legends (first RTS campaign I’ve ever bothered with… go figure!)

Console

1. Wii Sports
  2. Elite Beat Agents
  3. Guitar Hero 2
  4. Tetris DS
  5. New Super Mario Bros.

edit: man, a year is a long time…

PC:

1. Space Rangers II
  2. Oblivion
  3. Hearts of Iron II: Domedsday
  4. Hitman Blood Money
  5. Civ 4: Warlords

I’m including Civ 4: Warlords only because it was released this year and i’m still playing PitBoss games with the original.

Console:

1. Gears of War
  2. Chromehounds
  3. Dead Rising
  4. Final Fantasy XII
  5. Saints Row

Valkyrie Profile 2 almost made the list. Gears of War and Chromehounds take the top 2 spots because of the great attention they pay to co-op.

31 posts! its like being an 18 year old all over again.

Were we not just declaring the other day about how 2006 was the Year of the Great PC games? Perhaps we’ve got collectively short memories?

CONSOLE:

1. Viva Pinata
  2. Dead Rising
  3. Gears of War
  4. Chromehounds
  5. New Super Mario Brothers (which will move into a portable category if that opens up)

I didn’t do much, if any, PC gaming this year. Which is weird, and a new phenomenon. But it was a pretty weak year, I’m looking forward to Hellgate: London and Spore as entries next year.

CONSOLE
Dead Rising
Final Fantasy XII
Saints Row
Viva Pinata
Oblivion

PC
Company of Heroes
Dominions 3
Age of Empires 3: War Chiefs
Titan Quest
CivCity: Rome

I never would have thought Dead Rising would be my GOTY, but looking back it was the most absorbing and compelling “space” to be in since GTA: San Andreas. So many good games that came close to the list… Okami, Gears, Resistance, BF2142, Bully…

CONSOLE

1. Rainbow 6: Vegas
  2. Gears of War
  3. Saints Row
  4. Lego Star Wars 2

PC

1. Space Rangers 2 (wasn’t this out last year?)
  2. Titan Quest
  3. Company of Heroes

Good games that missed due to unfortunate design decisions:
Dead Rising
Oblivion

CONSOLE
Guitar Hero 2 PS2
Bully PS2
Dead Rising X360

PC
World of Warcraft
Medieval 2
Company of Heroes
WH40K Dawn of War: Dark Crusade
Oblivion

CONSOLE
Game 1 Oblivion
Game 2 Dead Rising
Game 3 Saint’s Row
Game 4 Rainbow 6 Vegas
Game 5 Gears of War

PC
Game 1 Oblivion
Game 2 Company of Heroes
Game 3 Gothic 3
Game 4 Half-life 2: Episode 1
Game 5 Neverwinter Nights 2

PC:
Everquest1 Expansion: The Serpents Spine (one of the best expansion packs to any game I’ve ever bought)

Console:
1 Gears of War
2 Dead Rising
3 Saint’s Row
4 Resistance Fall of Man

PC

1. Space Rangers 2 (waaaay up there)
  2. Galactic Civilizations II
  3. Prey

Too bad we can’t vote for the best ones we played this year no matter when they came out: Silent Hunter III would be right up ther with Space Rangers II. I don’t have many PC games on the list, true, but that’s because I don’t usually “run to buy” stuff and end up playing them months after realease. See, for example No1., the thread on COH I am about to start 4 months from now.

PC: ( I don’t own any even remotely modern consoles)

I haven’t played Oblivion, but I probably should have it on my list anyway.

Winner: Galactic Civillizations
Runner up: Civillization: Warlords

CONSOLE

1. Oblivion
  2. Zelda - Twilight Princess
  3. Viva Pinata (that’s right, higher than GOW)
  4. Gears of War
  5. Dead Rising

PC

1. WoW (still)
  2. Oblivion
  3. Company of Heroes
  4. HL2: Ep 1
  5. nothing else grabbed me so much I would GOY-ify it.

I wasn’t able to afford any new hardware this year, so my choices are a little unconventional. I can never remember when anything came out, so I’m using the Wikipedia list mentioned in some other thread to refresh my memory.

PC

1. Guild Wars: Nightfall
  2. Titan Quest

(Those are the only PC games released in 2006 that would run on my aged PC. I mostly played WoW. I suspect Bookworm Adventures would have a place on that list but my PC died before I had a chance to play it.)

Console

1. Animal Crossing: Wild World
  2. Guitar Hero 2
  3. Okami
  4. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team
  5. Lego Star Wars 2: The Original Trilogy

PC

1. Oblivion
  2. NWN2
  3. HL2 EP1

Console

1. Final Fantasy XII
  2. Dead Rising
  3. Rainbow 6 Vegas

Going just from games I’ve played. Now there are others that I would have liked to put on the lists but they really aren’t what I would find GotY material for other reasons. Chromehounds for example amazingly cool but once you get it online it dies so fast. For me Replayability is a ‘Must have’ for my GotY nod while HL2 EP1 may not be truely replayable it does expand on a game I do enjoy playing. Oblivion for the PC is so download content mod friendly practically the only thing still original to what I’m running now is the main quest, as if I’d ever get around to doing it. NWN2 is there cause I do enjoy a game of D&D and it’s an easy way to hook up with some friends. Final Fantasy XII again replayability and just amount of Other things to do is great. Dead Rising, now who could ever tire of ‘Zombies in a Mall’. If you haven’t played it yet and own a 360 please go rent it if you aren’t squeemish about bashing zombies with what ever you can get your hadns on. Rainbow6 Vegas due to it’s pretty plays smoothly and has an option for co-op storymode and terrorist hunt.

I may change or add more before the polls close.

All these mentions of Oblivion goes to show how weak of a year the PC had.

And stop listing WoW. It was released two years ago. No, patches don’t count. Be a man and just leave a spot blank.

I try to avoid paying more than $19.99, so I’m always at least a year behind. If not more.