~The Game Pass Thread~

I have yet to buy a single game on my XSX so far, and I’ve got tons of games I’ve been playing… it’s crazy.

And honestly, if not for Cyberpunk coming out next week, I would really have no immediate desire to buy any games. Gamepass just has a giant mountain of games that I actually want to play.

Is Cyberpunk coming out on Game Pass for PC? I thought I read it was not coming out for Game Pass for XBox.

So Gamestop has a buy 2 get 2 free for pre-owned games.

I loaded up 4 games in the cart and then stopped myself—I have to draw the line at just using Gamepass on the Series X. There isn’t a legitimate need for anything else, beyond that.

Nope.

Whatcha buyin? There’s a lot of games that will probably never hit gamepass.

I had put these in the cart:

1. My Hero One’s Justice (my kids love the anime)

2. Transformers Devastation

3. Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen

4. Mad Max

All of those are unlikely to hit Gamepass, but my decision isn’t so much about whether I’ll get a chance to play those specific games but about there being a ton of games even on Gamepass that I don’t get around to.

Ah. I know the feeling.

I would still pick up Transformers Devastation if you’re a big G1 fan. It’s been removed from digital stores. I actually didn’t like the game, but I appreciated the art & all the little references they stuck in there.

This has already come and gone from Game Pass, and unlikely to return - probably a safe buy.

Though Rage 2 is on there I think, and it’s kind of a cousin.

Thanks! Just got 3 months for $1 down under. It’s perfect timing too as I am getting a racing wheel and can use this to try out the Forza games.

Does anyone know how EA play works? Do I download the EA App or is there a secret menu in the Xbox app somewhere?

You don’t have to download the app. There’s a separate category for EA Play games down in your library.

Brilliant, thanks mate, I must have missed it when doing a cursory glance.

Thanks for that. It gives me more time to play DOOM Eternal. I only had less than a week on my subscription.

Also, EA Play is currently just console-side - us pure-PC folks are waiting on it to come down the pipe in December (also DOOM Eternal … and DQ! Going to be a lot of things at once…)

VA-11 HALL-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action and Yes, Your Grace have been added to GamePass PC for 12/3/20.

No sign of DOOM: Eternal.

Ooh, that’s supposed to be good isn’t it?

It absolutely is not.

Like most visual novels with an anime aesthetic it just automatically qualifies for ‘Overwhelmingly Positive’ since you’d have to put out something relentlessly putrid for that particular market to do anything except drool all over it.

It’s stuffed full of self-masturbatory in-‘jokes’ and my very ignorant (and I fully admit that) reading of the whole thing is that the entire go-nowhere narrative is, in fact, a non-critical meta-commentary of… the westernised anime visual novel genre.

So, if you feel such smarmy self-indulgence is your bag to the extent that a throwaway namedrop to Christine Love being the leader of a renegade motorcycle gang is the epitome of wit, go for it. If you don’t even know who that is, I’d strongly suggest you start there instead of here.

Like some man/metronome tweaker cornering you with a grubby little coin bag in the dingiest filth-strewn nightclub toilet on the sinister side of the tracks; not even for free, man.

I’m getting the impression you did not like it.

There is another Cyberpunk Bartender Action game I’d wholeheartedly recommend though, The Red Strings Club - it has great writing, and fully assumes thet the player will keep up with the subtext. I think it’s been given away free at one point so it might be in your library already - Twitch or Epic maybe? (EDIT: yes, just found it in my Twitch/Amazon games library)

That one was on gamepass too, but they just removed it like a week ago.

I really enjoyed the first 20 minutes. Forgot to go back and play some more.