~The Game Pass Thread~

It’s pretty close to that price. Plus consider the convenience of not having to look around for sales and buying stuff 3 years in advance, etc. Just set it and forget it, $22 a month divided by 5 people. I wonder if I could automate paypal to pay my brother that amount each month. Probably.

That seems like a much bigger pain in the ass to me, the brain space required to pay back your friends/family such a small amount of money. I would just pay for it and give out accounts, if it made financial sense, but it doesn’t due to the loophole.

MS keeps doing stuff that only makes sense if they remove the loophole. But it’s been years, and the loophole persists. Shrug.

New stuff for September -

Worth also taking a look at what’s leaving - if you haven’t tried A Plague Tale: Innocence you might want to get on that before it leaves on the 15th. It’s a short game, and worth a look with a sequel around the corner. I personally liked Lost Words: Beyond the Page and The Artful Escape a lot too.

September 15th is gonna suuuuuuck. I guess I’ll try to play as much of Artful Escape and Plague Tale as I can before then.

Dangit I just started Plague Tale because I thought it would be up until October and it’s sequel.

It’s a reasonably short game, you have time to complete it.

I’ll set my alarm a little early in the mornings. If I can play one hour every morning, maybe I can finish both of them? And I think on Sundays my son doesn’t wake up until Noon to demand my attention, so instead of watching a movie Sunday morning like I usually do, I can play Plague Tale and Artful Escape.

Unfortunately, there’s only one Sunday left between now and then, so it will be tight.

You guys, Tinykin is fantastic. It’s not super challenging, but it adds so much QoL to the Pikmin formula and the platforming is a nice change of pace.

I’m loving Tinykin as well.

Wait, does this mean I would enjoy Pikmin as well? How similar is that game? Tinykin is more platformer so far, with the little Tinykin used to unlock things in the environment (I’m still only in the first area after the tutorial area). I always got the impression that Pikmin was some kind of RTS or something?

No, Pikmin is basically a sort of Metroidvania where you unlock new areas by finding and deploying the Pikmin. It’s like Tinykin, but without jumping, and with combat. If you ever played Overlord, that was totally a Pikmin rip off, but with more direct combat. Pikmin’s combat consists of throwing your Pikmin at things, same as solving the puzzles.

I must admit, Tinykin was not even on my radar but now I am intrigued.

Tinykin is not a game I would have bought on my own but after hearing about it on some podcast or other I gave it a shot and I enjoyed it enough through the first area at least that I went hunting to get 100% of the items.

If they can keep the areas small but dense enough that I’m interested in hunting everything down for the whole game that’ll be great. Probably my biggest surprise from Game Pass thus far; I’ve enjoyed other Game Pass games more but I expected to. This game is the type of thing that really sells me on the value.

The RebelFM guys talk about Tinykin in this last weekend’s podcast.

That leaving list is stacked, darn. A whole lot I haven’t played. I’ll try to give them all a shot, but are any of these worth spending more than a half hour with?

• Aragami 2
  • Bug Fables
  • Craftopia
  • Flynn Son of Crimson
  • I am Fish
  • Mighty Goose
  • Skatebirb

Lost Words & Artful Escape are also on PS++ so no need to rush them if you have both. Plague Tale was given away on Epic and a few other subcriptions. Flynn is on the humble choice app.

Would help you if I could, but I haven’t played a single one of those games. Heck, the names don’t even ring a bell.

If you’ve been keeping up with the Epic giveaways, Plague Tale was one of them. I assume, anyway, because I don’t buy anything on Epic and it’s on there for me.

Tinykin is pretty great. Would definitely not have tried this outside of Gamepass.

Oh, that is awesome - I’d missed that Disney Dreamlight Valley was coming to Game Pass, and was quite close to purchasing it last night - it looks like glorious fun, of just the type that I remember Free Realms delivered, one of the few MMO deaths I really mourn.

Okay, ex-Xbox employee problems… I gotta buy Game Pass Ultimate with money for the first time. (Yeah, I know, cry me a river.) Mine expires in about a week.

Is there any advantage/saving to letting it expire, sign up for a bunch of Gold, and then upgrading? Or has all that gaming the Game Pass system gone the wayside at this point?

Still works afaik. Let it expire.