~The Game Pass Thread~

Rumor mill today is saying Cyberpunk 2077 and Jedi Fallen Order are coming to game pass next year

Sweet. I’ll gladly play through Jedi again on Xbox for the achievements.

But I’ll probably buy Cyberpunk anyway, but if it’s on Game Pass it will be nice to get that Game Pass discount on it.

I have serious doubts, neither makes a lot of sense. Cyberpunk will sell tons of copies without assistance - I mean I guess it’s possible but I wouldn’t even want to imagine the size of the check MS would have to throw at CD Projekt. As for Jedi Fallen Order, that’s an EA game, why would it be on Game Pass rather than (or in addition to, I guess) EA Origin?

I think this has already been debunked. The video that was on the tweet was apparently some random Black Friday ad with the store logo replaced by the Xbox one.

boo! Paying for games is so 2018.

But then you would end up with the Windows Store version of the game…

Which will have achievements! Woohoo!

But no ability to mod or even easily edit the config files. I like PC Game Pass but I am constantly annoyed by the windows store style applications. At this point I have just been treating most of the games on it as extended demos. If I really like something I am going to buy it on another platform.

That’s a valid point. Though I felt no need to mod Witcher 3, it was a great experience as released. So I suspect Cyberpunk might be the same.

On the Xbox I can’t play any Gamepass games unless I’m connected to Xbox Live. I don’t know how that works on PC, though.

Could be a timeout on your stuff because you haven’t connected to the Internet in too long. Pretty much any of these services don’t like to run offline for all that long before they decide you’re a cheater and not paying your bill.

Hm, tried to play Into the Breach and got a pop-up that the game didn’t have access to write to saves, possibly due to my antivirus protection. I guess I have to whitelist games to get around this?

It would also just be self-evidently ridiculous. CP2077 is probably the most anticipated game in the world right now, and will sell millions.

CDPR would be bughouse to put that on Game Pass at launch.

From the Phoenix Point thread:

Won’t have time to check it out until the weekend.

Nice. I wonder if I should play this now or try to finish Mutant Year Zero, XCOM 2, and Mario vs Rabbids: Kingdom Battle first. Even my backlog can be subdivided into separate genre backlogs.

Is this on PC as well or just the Xbox pass?

PC, this is the PC thread. :)

What? Ugh, I keep forgetting this fact.

God I hate Microsoft’s naming schemes so freaking much.

I don’t see it on the PC version.

Search for it?