~The Game Pass Thread~

Not needed, it appeared now on ‘Last additions’. I guess the app need to update the info a bit.

Did something just change with Forza? About a hundred DLC just hit my queue.

As in, they’re queued up to download?

FH4? I’ll check when I get home. I just reinstalled that last night so that I could try out the Battle Royale mode.

Yes. Over 100.

Maybe they added all of the DLC to the Game Pass version, so your installation is trying to update with all of it?

I got 24 months of Gold for 90 euros and applied ultimate voucher that friend gave me after that and now got Game Pass until july 2022. That’s great.
I gotta say though, why does MS insist on that horrible install encryption structure? EA and Ubi have these sub services too and do not encrypt the games and let us install them wherever. Meanwhile MS creates like 5 different shitty folders with ugly names in the root of all my hard drives just because I want to install some games. And they cannot even be hidden. Dammit.

Are you sure? I don’t have any weird folders sitting at root level…

You are probably installing stuff into default C: drive, where the WindowsApps folder is hidden in program files.

I do not have enough space on C so I put my gamepass games on two other drives and both have bunch of these folders in root. WindowsApps, wpSystem, DeliveryOptimizations etc

Ah I see.

Is it too late to bump up the gamepass sub? I think I had a year of gold when I fired up the $1 ultimate pass deal. If I add another 2 years of gold any tricks to get the Gamepass extension still, or did I need the full 3 years of gold on my account when I grabbed the deal?

I wonder how long the 5 cent per day deal will last.

I think you had to have it before.

There are still holiday deals out there for ~75$ a year of ultimate.

In Canada, you can still get 3 months for 50% off until Thursday:

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/xbox-one-3-month-game-pass-ultimate-digital-download/13627110

If anyone is having slow downloads like I was, the suggested changes in this reddit post worked for me!

They never worked for me. I see a couple friends’ scores, but not all. Can’t see Rock8man.

I can’t remember if leaderboards worked or not. I was always trying to beat the objective times anyway. That’s hard enough as it is!

There’s no way to convert it now like there was before, but it gets automatically converted at this ratio when you redeem other things:

https://forum.quartertothree.com/uploads/default/original/3X/2/a/2a30be7379b048ef45b39172bed479dc9fe0b49a.png

So if you buy a year of gold, it translates to 4 months of UGP when you redeem that code.

Keep an eye on this thread. When you earn Microsoft rewards points from Bing searches and getting achievements on your Xbox dashboard rewards app, etc, you can usually convert those into more Ultimate Game Pass time. So for instance Gold (12 months) often goes on sale for 22,500 points. So you can add another 4 months to UGP membership when you have 22,500 accumulated.

Feels super weird to allow non-functional 10-20MB “installs” of games not out yet:

Varies if you get an error (WL.exe missing UnityPlayer.dll) or a dialog that says “you’re too early”

Bleeding Edge is MS/Ninja Theory’s multiplayer online battle PVP or something. Those games are almost always certainly doomed to not be able to sustain their player populations to justify keeping server lights on.

What’s worse is that based on my experience with the Windows Store and patches (especially with outer world) I wouldn’t trust it that these pre-release placeholders don’t completely bug out and prevent you from playing the full game at release (just like right now I can no longer install outer worlds).