The General Magic the Gathering Thread

Someone hasn’t played Wilderness Reclamation with Stasis yet, I see.

My son last night didn’t think my turn 4 Ancient Stone Idol was very funny. :)

I also opened a box of War of the Spark (all but 8 packs I sold to my son) and got some great stuff. One of the packs I opened was just amazing:

It’s almost like Metalworker is broken or something.

Pshh. Hardly. I mean, he’s only 1/2 for 3 mana. He’s practically garbage.

After the prerelease I’m really excited to try and build decks in this new Planeswalker rich Standard. Here’s my first attempt at something new, still mulling it over before I pull the trigger on my precious rare wildcards:

I can’t parse your win condition here - you have lots of control/removal and the like, but are you just outlasting your opponent? Are you milling?

Kasmina makes tokens, Eldest Reborn rezzes out of the GY, Elderspell pumps Teferi. Those are all wincons.

Win conditions, who needs win conditions?

I had a Kaya in there, but I cut her. Teferi can ultimate quickly off an Elderspell, then tuck for the win.

How do I love thee, Blast Zone?

This card has put me back into so many games I was losing single-handedly. Early game aggro giving you trouble? Put a couple of counters on it and wave goodbye. Late game Teferi wrecking you? Terminated, fucker.

And it doesn’t just catch creatures and planeswalkers…it’s any permanent, and it’s completely customizable to whatever threat you face. I think it’s my favorite card in the set.

If you have Twitch Prime (and if you have Amazon Prime, you do) then you can get an " Arena Boros Legion Deck" for free. Visit Twitch to get the code.

Looks like aggro is getting some buffs in M20 with a Chandra Elemental maker, and now a Pridemate generator. We might need a few more board wipes.

I opened 2 boxes of Modern Horizon and a box of War of the Spark last weekend and got some amazing stuff. Just some incredible things in Modern (and a lot of jank, too). It took me all weekend to update my carefully tuned decks with the new hotness (and some experimental cards I’m going to try out) so we’ll see how things play out.

Damn, man. That’s like $500 worth of boxes.

Yeah, I’d saved up for awhile and had some older cards I sold and wanted to re-invest. I ended up pulling almost $700 worth of cards from the boxes (I got super lucky with the Modern boxes, pulled an Urza, a First Sliver, two Morophons (one is a foil), 5 of the new double-lands, etc.

Oh no, mono red!

I hope this is the full cycle - I’d love a copy of the blue one.

No other leylines yet, but this is pretty hard on control.

Yaaaaaas.

Looks like they’re all gonna be in.