The Good Place...

Totally fair. Podcast isn’t going anywhere, it’s just worth listening from the beginning for inside jokes and such.

Spoilers for the latest episode (not really):

That’s some Matthew Weiner Mad Men synopsis shit right there.

So, yeah. Not sure what to think about that episode. I think the best way to describe it is a filler episode. Except it was the season finale. And I’m not even sure that’s accurate.

That was the cliff hangiest filler episode I’ve ever seen.

“WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF YOU HADN’T SAVED HIM?
“Yes! The sun would have risen just the same, yes?”
NO
“Oh, come on. You can’t expect me to believe that. It’s an astronomical fact.”
THE SUN WOULD NOT HAVE RISEN.

“Really? Then what would have happened, pray?”
A MERE BALL OF FLAMING GAS WOULD HAVE ILLUMINATED THE WORLD.”
― Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

That montage that Michael put together for them, we hadn’t seen most of that stuff before right? Sometimes I can’t tell when the show is showing me new stuff and when I’m just getting old and forgetting things.

Yeah. That montage was all new stuff to me. And adorable.

It was a riff on Cinema Paradisio.

That’s the Italian boy with a bicycle right?

Angelic language decoded. It’s a simple substitution cypher.

This show wants me to be emotionally invested in the sacrifice of a relationship that’s been magically rebooted and reset literally hundreds of times, being reset once more. Nah. Please just give me more funny stuff with Janet, Michael, and selfish Eleanor.

While I enjoyed the finale, it seemed like the weakest episode of the entire season.

Personally I enjoyed the finale, and though it’s always been difficult to predict where the show is going, they’ve set up the “group” achieving it’s goals but only at the cost of Chidi’s relationship to them pretty well.

WOW.

Ken Tremendous getting that Bryce Harper money…

And that’s for some as-yet-unnamed show, right? I’m under the impression the good place only has 1-2 seasons left, as they had a beginning/middle/end planned out. Maybe MS has 25M reasons to extend that out now.

That is wonderful. He certainly deserves it.

Yeah, reading the cast and crew interviews, nobody has anything other than effusive praise for the guy. I will always check out every one of his new shows.

And have yet to be disappointed, at least in my case.

Ah, shirt. Still, at least it seems like it’s ending in the best kind of way: because of the story and driven by the writers. At this point I trust Mike Schur to make the right call.

There are a lot of creative reasons for this to happen after four seasons…and also a lot of $$ reasons.

I have to think Schur is at least tempted by the idea of trying his hand at feature films just to see what happens. And if he spends a few years doing that, perhaps it will give time for the chaos of the current and upcoming TV landscape to shake itself out a bit for any future projects there.