The GOP is still morally corrupt, even if Discourse breaks

I’m starting to think the GOP senator have entered into a suicide death pact to see how much damage they can inflict on the nation and still get re-elected. I’m reminded of the great movie Trading Places,where the two brothers make a bet of $1, completely oblivious that they destroyed Dan Aykroyd life. I’m just not sure who is betting the $1, unless it is part of the Video Game the aliens are playing with our lives.

I would like to believe this, but there seem to be plenty of GOP people — even never Trumpers — who are just fine with the grand old agenda but embarrassed that Trump is such an openly bad and incompetent person. They don’t really realize that Trump is the end product of the grand old agenda, without the lipstick. Though to be fair, Stevens seems to get it.

Oh yeah. The vast, vast majority of Republicans are fine with the racist policies but are just embarrassed that Trump is such a buffoon.

The bulk of benefits from the first CARES act went to the wealthy and corporations according to Propublica. Have to assume they can’t agree on which donors to benefit this time.

Pass-through entities 140b: JCT estimates that about 82% of these benefits — let’s call it $115 billion — will go to about 43,000 taxpayers with $1 million or more in annual income. That’s an average of about $2.68 million each.
Retirement accounts 11b
Charitable deductions 5b

Corporate Loss Treatment: $88.70 billion
Corporate Interest Deductions: $12.09 billion

These fucks would truly make Nixon blush.

While I’m definitely no fan of the GOP, I don’t see how this is anywhere near what Nixon (or Trump) have done. Election spoilers happen and are part of the process. Blame the dumbass electorate.

Your reminder that the only polling we’ve seen on Kanye to date had him pulling more from Trump than from Biden. Which makes having the GOP promote him extra hilarious.

…stopped clock…

Democrats at least try to offset their spending with revenue increases. Republicans just cut taxes and spend like there’s no tomorrow.

Our representatives hardly have a collective pair among them. Cut military spending. Take a hard look at everything else, including crop subsidies. Increase taxes on the ultra-wealthy. Tax the revenue generated in the U.S. for foreign corporations as if they were American companies. Start taxing religious institutions that engage in political behavior.

It seems like the strategy is to make that “no tomorrow” thing a reality.

But what’s the context here? Is Rand Paul complaining about giving more money to unemployed Americans or something? :p

Wait… that’s exactly what it is. facepalm

Why it matters: Paul’s comments, while tongue-in-cheek, underscore the divisions within the Senate Republican conference, where as many as 20 GOP senators are likely to vote against any coronavirus relief bill — even if a deal is reached between Democrats and Trump administration.

Fuck this traitorous death cult.

One suspects this is the exact kind of behavior McConnell wants the liability shield for:

Which is (would be?) disgusting.

That’s exactly it. It’s so businesses don’t even have to try to provide for a safe workplace. Utterly disgusting.

I’d be willing to listen to some limitations on liability, some standard practices and measures businesses would have to put in place to be in compliance or something. But the blanket immunity is just gross.

I’ve tried to find what information I could. The gist of the GOP liability shield as of a week or two ago was that the bar would be raised to only allow Gross Negligence as a Covid suit, and to provide retroactive immunity from Ordinary Negligence. But it gets much worse.

I’d actually be ok with some restrictions, but IMHO, any violations of local public health officials rules should not be included, and this is way overboard.

This should be running 24/7 across the country, so much truth being told here. (Warning NSFW language, and apologies if it has already been posted elsewhere.)

https://youtu.be/SNTBi7B98OY

Lol

At this point I feel like D’Souza’s account has been hacked, because how is it even possible that someone would go multiple days defending such an absurd mispronounciation, suggesting that “No, really, it’s everyone ELSE who is wrong.”

Wait, what happened to elite coastal latte-sipping overeducated liberals? Now Trump’s critics are stupid poor people who never traveled anywhere?