The Great 2021 "Pardon Me" Poll

I voted “No”, because I really think he’s sold himself on the self-delusion of his own innocence of everything.

The text of Trump’s self-pardon has leaked:

“I wish for more wishes”

Definitely he believes he’s done nothing wrong, but he’ll do it anyway to protect America from the traitor liberals.

In your mind’s eye, pick the worst, most corrupt and profane choice, and that’s what scumbag will choose. Every time.

It’s a hard choice, but I went with no because of the double impact of “I’ve never done anything wrong” and lawyers talking about civil liability.

I think he absolutely will. Ultimately he is also extremely paranoid and might as well keep himself ‘safe’

I expect a whole list of just awful pardons tomorrow.

You know Trump is going to do it. He is incapable of restraining himself. It’s like expecting a kid not to take the cookie sitting on the table in front of him when you leave him alone with it.

This too, sadly.

This is why I don’t think he will pardon himself. He will go off and live in Moscow before admitting he did anything wrong.

I keep waiting for this thread to all of a sudden have 60 new posts but so far crickets. What is going on? Is it going to be a 7pm announcement?

We’re waiting for our pardons.

I can’t vote. Did I already vote and forget about it?

I’m bummed that they’re not rolling them out one by one throughout the day like Bid Day Tuesday.

DJT is delayed by a moral crisis as he debates giving Steve Bannon a pardon.

I assume they’ve got some sort of internal Ebay thing going on, and will announce the pardons after they’ve received all their bids.

And the money has cleared.

Mitch better have my money

I would much prefer he pardoned people like Joe Exotic instead of the Capitol Insurrectionists.

Trump talked out of pardoning kids and Republican lawmakers - CNNPolitics

I thought this part of the article was interesting. I guess maybe a blanket ‘EVERYTHING’ pardon isn’t possible?

White House counsel Pat Cipollone and another attorney who represented Trump in his first impeachment trial, Eric Herschmann, offered the grave warnings as Trump, his daughter Ivanka and her husband Jared Kushner listened. Other lawyers joined by telephone. They all told Trump he should not pardon himself, his family or any GOP lawmakers in a prospective manner unless he was prepared to list specific crimes.

Is it too late to change my vote? I don’t see the reason to leave it this late unless he’s actually going to pardon himself and his family. I mean, he’s already pardoned actual war criminals. I don’t see how it can get worse than that (other than pardoning himself).