The Intellivision is returning, and it has a new boss

There’s nothing quite as depressing as the echo acoustics and bad lighting when you’re speaking in a mostly empty business space of an office complex.

QAing the same mobile phone level games for over a year but on a ‘console’ has got to be one of, if not the, worst game dev jobs ever. I could feel the misery thru my screen. Granted, they may also only have to be in office ‘working’ for the half dozen or so filming days a year.

@Telefrog and there are offices that have been closed for the entirety of the pandemic that look more ‘worked in’ that this sterile and empty feeling place.

You too can learn how to grift without having to release anything:

Why would they open an entirely new satellite office, instead of keeping this few people working at their HQ?

Don’t understand why Tommy keep going on about “physical copies of the game”, as if it’s a huge deal. They’re not even real physical copies.

Dunno about Utah and the US in general, but over here it’s usually down to companies tapping into local funding initiatives, grants, tax breaks/benefits and the like a state may offer. Or to please some investor who’s from around that area.

With regards to the video above… gotta love the awkward “Wohoo!” moments. Also claiming having shown us “a little section” of their office when it’s safe to say we’ve probably seen 95% of it.

I like that its so empty and new looking that the fucking cables all still have the tight loops from being in packages only hours before the video was shot. Did TT say this was a totally new office they were just then moving into?

Supposedly a year old studio.

The Amico supporters are a special kind of deranged.

The adulation and hero worship is crazy.

Another meaningless mea culpa from Tommy today:

Because it seems to be such a hot topic discussion, I wanted to give folks an update on some of the things we’ve been talking about internally.

People who love, hate or who are completely indifferent and/or on-the-fence about Amico seem to have a great interest in a number of different areas. This includes people who have already pre-ordered, who have not pre-ordered, who are thinking of pre-ordering, who are waiting for it to be released or who will never buy one in a million years.

We are very aware that the folks currently following Amico (good, bad or indifferent) would like info on the following…

1. Our menu/User Interface.
  2. Physical Boxed Collectors Game products (i.e. “What’s in the box?”).
  3. Seeing more in depth gameplay footage.
  4. Where’s all this “family marketing” we keep hearing about?

All 100% totally fair and understandable questions.

One of my flaws in communicating with the public is that I like to share as much information as possible. I want people who are interested to feel like they are a part of our family and can feel like they are a part of the process and following along (both the ups & downs) of the entire project. We’ve already given away so much info and insight over the past 2 1/2 years that most of the negativity and drama surrounding Amico wouldn’t be present if we kept everything a lot more secretive. (It’s easy to understand why all the big companies do it that way). So yes, I’ll take the blame for wanting to be so open and wanting to share in my excitement and passion for the project and our company. Guilty as charged. We are building something very unique and trying to accomplish something that not many have done successfully… or at least to the level of success we are shooting for. I wanted to take folks along for that ride.

Our original plan was to hold back the four points above as much as possible and closer to launch as we have some really incredible partnerships that we’ve been working on with huge influencers/YouTubers (10M+), popular TV talk shows, and really big family websites. Content is king these days and when you’re a smaller company like ours, getting on those types of bigger platforms (when you don’t have the kind of millions that other established companies can spend on marketing) is a LOT easier when you can provide “exclusive” content. It’s also the reason why we chose our licensing partners carefully. Contrary to what some may think, our deals with our licensors aren’t just a “pay to play” type situation. Marketing and awareness partnerships to their massive family audiences is just as important to us as the license itself. Especially when in essence we are a company just starting out and trying to raise awareness in the demographics and sectors we are initially targeting.

Since our latest delay announcement, we have been actively speaking to many of our media and influencer partners with whom we promised certain exclusives with. They have all been super cool and understanding of our situation and we have decided together to give other types of exclusive content to them when the time is right and (even more importantly from a company perspective) when there are units on the shelf and ready to purchase. This then allows us to share more information right now that people have been asking for… as opposed to later. Hopefully folks can understand that there is no sense in pulling a marketing/PR/partnership lever that could potentially be seen by tens of millions of people, without the ability to have the product immediately available to purchase. A potential big lost opportunity for us. And as we continue to face the challenges of manufacturing/logistics/shipping with the rest of the world, we also want to ensure that the many people paying attention and supporting us, also feel like things are always progressing in a positive way (which for us… internally, they almost always are).

So in that spirit, I would like everyone to know that the 4 important points of information given above WILL be addressed and revealed shortly. Please don’t ask or hold me to any kind of date. I think a lot of you know that October 10th is a very special date for me, so if we can do one or two by then, we will. That being said, October/November will be a very busy time for us in regards to showing a lot more of the information that people have been asking for. In regards to our live events, we’ve done Dallas, Philly, Orange County, CA & Salt Lake City areas so far. Next up… BOSTON! My original home state of Massachusetts! More details will be available closer to the event so please make sure to sign up to our Mailing List at Intellivision.com to get all the details first.

Thank you all for your continued support and interest in what we’re doing. Here at Intellivision we are all so passionate about Amico and love to see/hear the excitement of others as well. We can’t wait for everyone to finally get the opportunity to play Amico (like a lot of people here have been doing at our events). Appreciate you all!

You’re fucking raising money from the public and taking pre-orders from customers you utter tool. You’re not being remotely open enough as it is.

Tommy lies constantly.

Why do I get the feeling his big partnership thing is going to be some group like the “Family Research Council” or some other hate group that espouses “traditional family values”?

Focus on the Family?

Yea…

Pat Robertson could replace Tommy as Amico spokesperson! This will never happen because Tommy inserts himself into EVERYTHING to extend his fucking ridiculous world record he paid for and for his giant fucking ego.

Someone noticed they’re using the mouse pads of the previous company in the SLC Utah video. It looks like they broke into and snuck into an office park before the real occupants got there:

They have been nominated for Octane 3 years in a row. One of the Octane people shows up at the Boomers video too.

It looks like they are using undisclosed actors for their “completely unscripted testimonials from random people” in both their Boomers and Utah videos. This actor appeared at both locations:

They had a casting call for actors for what everyone thought would be your standard fare of a scripted commercial.

Looks like they went the illegal route by having them pose as completely random members of the public who were randomly enthused about the Amico without any sort of disclosure of being actors?