The Intellivision is returning, and it has a new boss

Someone posted this in the comments:

I feel as if there needs to be some disclosure here. Are you connected to the Amico in any other way other than an consumer? Have you backed it? Have you invested in it?

He responded to the question, but wouldn’t actually answer it. So you can bet he’s an investor in this stupid lark. Kind of a dumb one too.

Wonder how they’ll try to spin that.

Hilariously, they have to give previews to German press as part of their taking German grant money. This is the first press outlet to give a less than fawning, objective assessment of Tommy’s turd.

Tommy deleted the Reddit thread on it in the /r/amico/ subreddit with the link to it.

Speaking of turds, here’s another fresh steaming one:

These look so bad. They almost make me feel sorry for the people that worked on them.

I love how Tommy really has to stretch to make basic things like “color graphics, sound effects and drop-in multiplayer” out to be some revolutionary features.

That’s a 20 minute video. Is there really 20 minutes worth of anything to talk about for a missile command remake?

What’s even more hilarious is the game is not yet finished for a console that was supposed to launch October 2020. “Parts shortage!”

So, when you reach level/wave 5, 10, 15 and so on, there’s a menu option to start a new game on level/wave 5, 10, 15 and so on.

Tommy: You can really customize this game!

Alvarado explains–for 30 or so seconds nonetheless–that the game has 3 difficulty levels - an explanation Tommy then partially repeats, glowing as if this is a completely new concepts. Did you know that a lower difficulty setting might make a game easier for more casual players? Mind blown.

Also, if you control the reticule via touchscreen. Tommy thinks this might be the first game that kinda does that. I shit you not.

Loving this.

It’s kind of sad/funny if they didn’t scam so many people of their money

God no.

Diminutive Tommy Tallarico cracks the same mustache joke.

As a fake LARPing CEO, you can tell his secondary goal is to further pad his paid world record of most “games worked on” by so-called “working” on every single launch title in further demonstration of his vanity.

Leaderboards! How do they even work??? What wizardry makes them possible?

I hope these deep dives into shallow games never end.

That video has some great “Video programming class project presentation” energy.

“See, when I set explosions setting to large, it makes the explosions bigger. This is so that the player can have bigger explosions if they want them.”

Alternatively, “front end bugfixes sprint retro demo” energy.

“Now, when I move the volume slider, it changes the volume, and when I select ‘save options’, it actually saves the options.”

In the responses to that deep dive video. Is this person mocking the fact it has an ESRB rating because the game’s not out, or is he a fanboy desperately looking for something to say positive about this, so he’s excited it’s already rated LOL.

Somehow he’s conned millions of dollars from people that have been unaware that the video game industry exists and has evolved over the past forty years.

Motivation unknown but games frequently get submitted for rating before being finished.

Aaaaaaaggghhhhh this is hilarious and uncomfortable! Aaagh!

Over 600 years of basic competency are now doubtful! Turns out this “dream team of Avengers” are actually the Asylum mockbuster Abenders.