The Killing

Tonight’s episode was good - the tension really built up and it ended with some good drama. WTF will happen with Stan and Bennet? Did Richmond just totally blow his campaign because he wants to be a good guy?? Stay tuned and find out next week.

BTW, I like the character that is the co-worker of Stan. I get the sense that he’s the tenuous link back to the mafia. Also, who was the man that the male cop was talking to in the car?

What was the deal with the sister (Rosie’s aunt) and the bipolar display?

I’m not sure. Did you notice her reaction when she said hello to Jasper’s father, at the funeral reception, and he totally snubbed her? That seemed to push her over the edge.

He’s obviously a cop (since he knew about the father’s mob ties), but I also think he might be Doofus Cop’s Alcoholic or Narcotic Anonymous sponsor.

Well, she said hello like she was about to blow him, right in front of his wife, who seemed none too pleased, so I’m guessing that the story will go somewhere in that nebulous direction with her.

I’m starting to worry that the show might be getting a little top-heavy. We already had quite a load of characters before the latest episode, and now we’re delving deeper into Moving Company Employee and Unexplained Sister? There’s only, like, six more episodes left to get the main case wrapped up and leave the series in a state such that if it doesn’t get renewed it still comes to some kind of conclusion.

I’ll finish this season, but I fell asleep watching the last episode and had to rewind it and then almost fell asleep again. They really need to pick up the pace or there probably won’t be a next season.

My gut says that the actual crime doesn’t have much depth to it, so the rest of the show has to be background filler drawn out excessively. And it’s still stealing directions from Twin Peaks (which, granted, may have lifted them as well). Honestly, this show is poorly acted and written. Not blaming the actors, they have to work with what they got, but this is a mediocre (at best) mystery with some poor attempts at making the case huge. The whole political side still feels thin and cliche, the mob tie introduction had me roll my eyes…

Anyway, I know I will stick around to see the mystery through, but if that proves as mundane as the rest of it, I don’t think I would care if this show got a second season.

I’ll cast another vote for the dude in the car being the AA mentor.

As for the actual mystery . . . a witness seeing Rosie loaded into the car does not jibe with the opening episodes of a chase and struggle in the woods.

Don’t have a theory that reconciles those yet.

Why not? I haven’t watched the opener a second time, but couldn’t she have theoretically escaped from whatever car she’d been loaded into, and was being tracked down?

I thought he was dirtbag cop’s old contact guy from when he was undercover. I don’t remember why I thought that, but that’s what I thought.

You folks complaining about how slow it is should be glad they compressed it from the original 20 episodes to 13.

Well,

You have clothed, unconscious (from a fight) girl loaded into a car (van?)

then . . . (unknown sequence)

to naked, conscious girl running through the woods . .

then . . . (unknown sequence)

to naked, dead girl tied up in the trunk of a car that folks from #1 had access to.

I thought they determined that she drowned?

Yeah, I thought they said she damaged her nails trying to claw out of the trunk.

I’m having trouble seeing what makes this any more of a mystery than a regular episode of Criminal Minds.

And comparing this to Twin Peaks is ridiculous. While The Killing is slow and grey with people moping in the rain, Twin Peaks was colorful, engaging and downright scary.

Linden needs to learn some phone etiquette.

No kidding. She’s certainly going to no effort to befriend her new partner and it looks like she’ll actively try to have him removed from the case in the next episode. I was excited about this episode but that became serious WTF at the end.

I’ll bet the mayor has something to do with Rosie’s death.

Tonight’s episode was good; some unexpected stuff there.

I’m wondering if we’ve just seen the titular Killing with the beating (and possible death) of the teacher. Also, is Mireille Enos pregnant? She seemed a bit plumper in the last episode.

Are we certain he’s dead? It looks that way, but still unconfirmed. I agree, though – if he is dead, that’s probably the title source.