The Last Game You Will Ever Need

So I can swing my sword in furious righteousness against dragons and demon things, and cabbage? Sounds good.

Cows. Lots of cow slaying. Well when their not on hamster wheels.

I’ve never been so confused from a game trailer.

Why play ten great games, when you can play ten watered-down mechanics in one game??

I see it has fishing, so perhaps the thread title is correct?!?

I can’t wait to build the conveyor belt that drops live cows into a boiling cauldron.

YES!!

I was watching that trailer thinking “well it doesn’t have tanks thoug… oh shit”.

If I can’t walk up to a counter and buy a hamburger in this game then it’s a SLAP IN THE FACE.

Dude I know your focus is crocs. But maybe you can branch out. Find other dangerous flora and fauna. Like

I’m going to say that I meant to do that. :)

…not helpful

Really thought this was gonna be about Dreams or something. Anyhow @rei , may want to rename with the game name in the thread title if there’s ever to be actual discussion about this specific game or I can almost guarantee a new thread will be created, heck my MLB The Show 2021 thread had the name in the title and @jpinard still made a new thread! So eh, maybe don’t bother with the rename…

I see this thread in the proud tradition of that unhelpfully named Trails in the Sky thread, which is the best-titled thread on this forum despite some admittedly stiff competition. Which unfortunately looks to have sold out at some point and added Trails in the Sky to the title.

I believe the intention here is “it’s ALL the genres!”

I don’t know if it’s technically possible to extract things like animations from Switch or Wii U games, but it sure looks like they lifted some entirely from Breath of the Wild, in addition to the general aping of its style in many ways. I mean come on, the hang-gliders?

I have had this game on my wishlist for quite a while. I think the most common criticism is that it has a wide variety of mechanics that are each very shallow. Its trying to do everything under the sun.

My expectation is that they will never pull it off and it will be in EA until they run out of money and release it in whatever state it will be in. Id love to be wrong about that.

It’s not like that slaw is going to make itself. Chop chop!

This being on gamepass is awesome, becaue I feel like this game is gonna be terrible, but I will absolutely try it for free.

Agreed. And normally I’m very annoyed when Game Pass adds things that are in Early Access, because I’d rather there be a big release upon … well, release. But in this case, I agree with the posters above that this is likely to be forever in early access so I’m okay with just experiencing it on Game Pass as a work in progress.

So in the parlance of LotR, we’re expecting this will become one game to be ruled by them all?