The Last Minute Christmas Gift Thread!

Father: Oh come on, what? All you want is a 2700$ rifle scope? /smacks head.

How about a table saw? Or maybe there is something worth getting on Amazon…

A bottle of bourbon?

Booze, sports supplies (golf balls, etc.), good knife. All have saved Christmas many times over.

H.

A good knife is a fantastic gift. Seconded.

Houngan, this thread is about gifts you give others, not holiday coping mechanisms!

What is a great gift for someone who loves the outdoors. In a hippy way. Like trees, and hiking, and meditating in forest groves. Biology major. He already has a ton of plants and field guides. Something you would imagine a Druid to love.

Second, what do I give to someone who refuses to grow up and fears aging. Loves Peter Pan, The Boy Who Could Fly, Flight of the Navigator, as well as other “children go adventure” tales. Loves Narnia, Golden Compass, Ender’s Game Books. Another male.

Also, lesbians are overly critical, hate everything, and are hard to shop for. Unless I bought them a cat, I’m doomed.

Truly it would have been, if all of a sudden over the last couple of months he did not go on some kind of knife-buying spree. He now has several Finnish/German straight blades, far more than he needs.

Liquor.

Knife.

Oh yea!

I need Western Australia (Perth Metro) shopping sites ASAP!

I fail at Christmas.

I see what you did there.

Anyway, get the hippie a knife. Everyone loves a good knife. Lesbians I recommend something in flannel, or maybe a Flowbee for their Kentucky waterfall.

H.

edit: Sorry, just saw he has a knife. Big ugly solar powered digital compass watch? Hennessey Hammock? What’s your budget?

Plant a tree in his name somewhere. Good flannel hiking socks or something else flannelish (shirt? blanket? snuggy?) Or maybe a dreamcatcher… that’s druidic, I am almost 100% certain!

Second, what do I give to someone who refuses to grow up and fears aging. Loves Peter Pan, The Boy Who Could Fly, Flight of the Navigator, as well as other “children go adventure” tales. Loves Narnia, Golden Compass, Ender’s Game Books. Another male.

The Lloyd Alexander Chronicles of Prydain stuff is pretty good, or maybe Madeline Engel’s Wrinkle in Time series (though if he’s REALLY into those books he might have read these, in which case you could get him a fancy gift edition of one of those). Gift card to a good kid’s bookstore?

Also, lesbians are overly critical, hate everything, and are hard to shop for. Unless I bought them a cat, I’m doomed.

Another lesbian? Sorry, I got nothing.

I’m still unemployed, so I’m trying to stay cheap. Maybe under 40 bucks unless I see something excellent.

The Hennessey Hammocks look great, and will have to keep one in mind for the future. I wouldn’t even know where to start with a knife, though that is a great idea too.

The Lloyd Alexander Chronicles of Prydain stuff is pretty good, or maybe Madeline Engel’s Wrinkle in Time series (though if he’s REALLY into those books he might have read these, in which case you could get him a fancy gift edition of one of those). Gift card to a good kid’s bookstore?

I noticed that thread in the book thread. Great recommendations!

+2 Hide armor and a scimitar.

A hot tub, but he probably already has one.

Godzilla. Everyone knows Godzilla is a lesbian icon.

Outdoor Survival Techniques if he would lean towards primitive (no equipment) survival, The Backpacker’s Companion if he’s a gearhead. Both a great books for the naturalist.

H.

Giant Microbes and a (NSFW) fuck for forest t-shirt for the hippy bio major.

Although you really can’t go wrong with anything from the Gonterman canon, this seems most likely to please.

It’s the gift that keeps on giving.

Well thanks, now I’m terrified. The hell IS that?