The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

I love Rachel Brosnahan in this, but that is the obvious pick.

Alex Borstein continues to be great as well, at least her storyline in the first episode is fun, if not deeply terrifying.

Tony Schaloub might be the secret MVP though, I love it when family characters are written in a way that you can tell they are family. Tony plays Midge’s father with a touch of that zany energy, just like she has. Also, Marin Hinkle, as Midge’s mom, Rose, was quietly great last season as well. And, the plot of the first episode centers quite a bit around her, and it is fun seeing her out of the apartment.

I typically don’t binge shows, because I can’t watch one thing for an extended period of time, i like to watch shows like this over a week or so, gives you time to think about each episode individually. So no advice from me there.

Shaloub is my fave too. That was a question aimed at a spammer to see if they were human or cylon (who got purged).

I didn’t intend to binge the first season, but I ended up doing so. Maybe my question is more about my own willpower…

Finally jumped into watching this show last night. About 30 minutes in, we’re enjoying the characters but trying to figure things out. Are those kids hers? Why so much focus on the parents? We were expecting an origin story for her becoming a comic.

Then we realized Amazon defaulted us to Season 2. Duh.

The actual episode 1 was great, though. The rapid-fire patter of the dialogue is tons of fun.

I watched it too and was a bit underwhelmed. The tone is different; it’s more goofball than the first season, which skirted towards goof, but never crossed the line. Shaloub, who was the funniest character in season 1, was just too over the top here. I’m glad they’re adding dimension to Rose’s character, but it’s like she’s not the same person. And the comedy routine in the nightclub was ridiculous, unfunny, and a hamhanded way to shovel in exposition. Susie’s abduction was a delight, but overall the episode was pretty uneven.

Well, the rest of the season only continues to get better. Episode 1 very much felt like a large diversion for most of the cast. Spending time in new locales etc. I liked the change in scenery and pace. This continues throughout the season, as a lot of the plot focuses more on the fallout of the split in their friend circles and community as a whole.

Alex Borstein continues to be a treasure though.

Just to offer a different viewpoint, I adore what they’ve done with Abe (Shaloub) this season and really happy they’ve let him be less of a one-note character. Same goes for Rose (though that started in season 1).

I remarked to my wife how much I enjoy seeing Abe and Rose in this season. And I adore how the characters are written in ways that really make you feel that Miriam is their daughter. Her father’s fastidous note-taking and general take-charge nature couple with her mother’s sense for fashion, style, and taste really show in Mrs. Maisel’s character.

I also really like the storyline with Joe this season as well. Dealing with his parent’s interesting post depression scheme of running a business, and storing their money is just great.

Yeah, Joel’s parents are nuts, and we are starting to see hints of perhaps getting more from them in the future as we have with Abe and Rose this season.