The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare - Henry Cavill and Guy Ritchie

April 19.

Looks fun.

Looks like Guy Ritchie trying to do an impresonation of Inlgorious Basterds as directed by Guy Ritchie.

— Alan

Is that something I will watch?

Yes, absolutely yes.

They have Superman and Reacher. Do they really need the rest of the crew?

Damn nobody smoulders like Cavill. Looks lovely!

Time to bust this out of my backlog, I guess. Looks like the movie is based on Operation Fortitude.

It’s based on 2014 book Churchill’s Secret Warriors: The Explosive True Story of the Special Forces Desperadoes of WWII by Damien Lewis… seems its about British “Special Operations Executive” - their black unit in WW2.

I want to see the alt history movie where some of Churchill’s more crazy schemes get implemented. Bring on the unsinkable motorized iceberg aircraft carrier, please!

My heart truly fluttered. lol

My wife will want to see this movie for two specific reasons.

Historical accuracy and a love of the sea?

Exactly.

Looks great, 2 of my favorite peoples making a movie.

Psyched to see Babs Olusanmokun in that! He does a great job in Strange New Worlds.

Nice cast, but I’m inclined to think it’ll be one of those Ritchie movies that one might as well wait for until it’s out on Netflix or whatever. Entertaining enough while you watch it, but not particularly memorable or great. See Operation Fortune. But hey, love to be wrong here.

Maybe 3 reasons? Rum, Sodomy and the Lash?

I’ve got one of those friends who is a rivet counter and a huge military fanboy. He thinks the movie looks entertaining, but was also simultaneously offended that the cigars Henry grabs at the top of the trailer weren’t actually introduced until 1995. Someone get Guy Ritchie on the horn, he needs to fix this.

Hahahaha. Amazing.

Could be a time travel plotline that the trailer is trying not to spoil.

That looks like “fun on the bun.” as a certain shiny-metal-assed robot would say.