The Mother 'Effin WEATHER Thread

Same thing here in northern Utah. We went from all-time record highs to full-on early January weather, all in under 24 hours. I almost didn’t make it to the office today because the snow was coming down so hard (I think most of that was lake effect snow, though, because I don’t think the rest of the valley is getting hit much).

In any case, weather whiplash isn’t exactly a new thing around here, but this swing is pretty extreme.

I know. It’s fucking crazy this year. This is the hourly weather here today. It’s so nice I just took the afternoon off and plan to go out on the lake in a boat.

It’s fucking February.

Hey, weather is the same in Boston, MA, which is…a tad bit north of you. We’re expecting 66 today. It’s shorts/t-shirt weather, in February, in the northeast.

Meanwhile out here it is FREEZING you guys.

In was in the 40s earlier, y’all. The 40s.

Shit, it’s going down to the 40s AGAIN tonight. We’ll have to close the windows again y’all. God dammit.

I parked the car and was like “I should crack a window, so it isn’t too hot when I get back.”

In February.

That was me last week. 4500 feet above sea level in the middle of February and I was rolling the windows down when I got my car.

Must be nice. Greetings from Florida:

I guess it’s going to be a bit humid this weekend. Son’s birthday party is planned in the park on Sunday. Oof

95% humidity doesn’t sound that bad. :D

Wow, I used to work in El Segundo. People would show up in heavy coats when it was 60 degrees out. 40’s and 50’s, people must be wearing parkas and hunkering down at home for the Winter.

I’ve got thermals on and everything. Burrr.

Meanwhile you can play ‘spot the midwesterner’ by looking for the person in shorts and t-shirts.

Ha, people always say this about Florida, too. That everyone is wrapped up when it’s high 50s or low 60s outside and only the people from up North wear t-shirts and shorts. There are quite a few examples of it, but most Floridians are like, “Naw, fuck it, it’ll be 75 by the afternoon.”

Also, I barely own any winter clothes (no point, really), so I pretty much wear the same work or casual type outfit until it gets into the 40s in the mornings. Then I actually pull my hoodie out of the closet. That happens a couple weeks a year, probably. :P

Well, by 7AM it hits 98%, so it’s a tiny bit worse. :P

And the guy in the undersized Boss Hogg outfit is definitely from the Rockies.

I’m usually whining about insufferable humidity if it crosses 35% in the summer. Unless it’s one of the two real rain storms we get all season, then I’m OK with it.

I have a hard time (in central New York) not greeting the people who gesture at the sunny 60 degree sky in February and say, “Sure is beautiful!” with the reply, “Sure is! Our grandkids sure are fucked, though, amirite? Have a good one!”

My, Winston, what beautiful chandeliers the Titanic has!

Yeah. I have a nice leather coat and a cashmere overcoat I never wear. Flannel shirt when it hits 50 and hoodie when it gets any cooler.

Yesterday it pushed 70 in SE Michigan. It just seems bizarre to have thunderstorms in February. I managed to catch this off my front porch:

What’s weird for Michigan is that 35 is closer to our normal high temp this time of year. We just spent a week in the 60’s. Its not uncommon to get a day or two where the high temp jumps but a full week is not normal. A normal February usually gives us sub zero lows for weeks at a time. I don’t believe we saw one day with sub zeros this Feb.

I checked and we havent. In fact we have had 20 days where the temp has been above freezing and 15 days this month where the temp has been over 40. That mean only 5 days this month have had highs below freezing. Crazy.