The Mother 'Effin WEATHER Thread

Welp, I’m back home after being stuck in JFK airport for 14 hours. So much for a winter vacation getaway before heading back to work :|

Ugh, that sucks, sorry

Sorry to hear that. Good opportunity for a serious gaming binge, though!

It’s 8 here, which isn’t bad compared to my buddy at -10 in Minnesota.

My car refused to start this morning. Luckily, I had bought a beast mode jump starter a few years back. It’s this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002X6VXL4/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I’m super impressed by this thing, as it’s been sitting my in my trunk since I bought it, for a few years now, and it’s held its charge at max the whole time. Even after I used it on my car this morning, it’s still at max. I’ll still probably charge it up since this is the first time I’ve had to use it, but man, it’s a huge difference from my old jumper which had to basically be charged every few months even if it didn’t get used.

I mentioned in another thread, but I bought the Wirecutter recommended Weego glove-box battery jump starter. It’s hilarious how tiny it is! it’s basically the size of a cell phone.

I’ve already used it twice in 2 days (to get the car to a mechanic to fix a battery issue), and it’s a big thumbs up for me.

Hmm can I push that thing to 6 month recharge?

Probably? I’m not sure what you mean, but it claims it loses 2-5% charge per month, which means every 6 months should be fine?

I’ve only had it for a couple days now, but my plan is to check the charge whenever I cycle my cold weather gear (ice scraper, etc) in or out of the car. I figure that’s easy enough to remember

On the plus side, this would be a great time to get some speed skating practice in.

Imagine having to go to work the next day! :p

Hi Boss, my car is frozen in ice.

Yeah, those cars are done. Frozen sea water up to that depth – those are never running again.

Man, I hope you’re wrong. I’d be soooo mad if my car were ruined that way.

Thankfully this seems to be one of the times we AREN’T on fire.

I have been dressing like Luke did on Hoth, I can confirm this map is accurate.

Meanwhile, in ‘how do you people live like this’ land, it was -5F this morning when I went for an hour run. Outside.

I live for this shit, it allows me to mock my southern brethren for their softness, when I basically die when visiting Florida in summer.

Buddy of mine in Toronto just sent this.

Raccoon just died and froze solid on the middle of his lawn.

WTF

Poor little guy.

In worse news, there’s been a rash of Cuyahogan morons here in Ohio leaving their pets outside overnight and finding icicles the next morning.

I saw a cat wandering around outside, and thought it was way too cold, so I left the door to my back porch open a bit.

It ain’t gonna be warm in there, but it’ll be warmER if the little dude needs some shelter.

Meanwhile our cat uses the doggie door to go outside and then comes right back in and starts yelling at me to fix the cold. She doesn’t like it when it’s 10 degrees outside. She wants to run around and hunt moles and bring them back as presents to us, but it’s too cold. She’s angry.

I stopped walking my dog because she can’t make it to the next block. She starts wincing in pain and lifting her feet. Her breed is from Africa, where there is no snow or ice I guess.