The Muslim Ban: America Loses Its Mind.

I was addressing the legal argument, not the political one. Here are my thoughts.

Two separate administrations (one Democrat and one Republican) have identified these seven countries as especially dangerous in regards to terrorism. The President of the United States has a duty and an obligation to protect the citizens of the United States from threats both foreign and domestic. To ignore the threat from these countries would be a violation of that duty. Our current vetting system for immigrants and refugees is universally recognized as being inadequate by the intelligence community. If we can prevent a single terrorist from slipping in from one of these countries and killing an American citizen then it is justified and worthwhile. The ban on these seven countries is temporary until a sufficient vetting system can be put into place. The lives and safety of any American is far more important to me than the lives and safety of citizens of other nations.[quote=“Timex, post:656, topic:128236”]
May you reap what you sow.
[/quote]

You say that as if I am in the wrong. Protecting Americans is right and just. The US government giving priority to Americans over non-Americans is proper. I don’t wish non-citizens ill will – quite the opposite. But I won’t apologize for wanting to protect US citizens.