The Muslim Ban: America Loses Its Mind.

The UK has now done much the same thing, though not for UAE/Qatar, curiously. Which suggest it’s not entirely Trumpian paranoia, but also raises more questions about the countries chosen and the intel behind it.

UK been following the US footsteps for years, so there’s no surprises there.
Not sure which country started to implemented the police state first though.

It’s sounding like there is a direct belief in a very specific terror attack planned, and these steps are to thwart that specific vector.

Thatcher and CCTV, baby. V for Vendetta pegged it!

An annual African trade summit in California had no African attendees this year after at least 60 people were denied visas, according to event leaders.

The African Global Economic and Development Summit, a three-day conference at the University of Southern California (USC), typically brings delegations from across Africa to meet with business leaders in the US in an effort to foster partnerships. But this year, every single African citizen who requested a visa was rejected, according to organizer Mary Flowers.

Some are now questioning whether the denials to the Los Angeles event could be tied to the anti-immigration policies of Donald Trump, who is pushing forward with a travel ban against six Muslim-majority countries despite ongoing legal challenges.

Flowers said roughly 60 to 100 people from at least a dozen nations were denied entry to the summit, which went on as planned with a much smaller group last Thursday through Saturday.

“I don’t know if it’s Trump or if it’s the fact that the embassies that have been discriminating for a long time see this as an opportunity, because of talk of the travel ban, to blatantly reject everyone,” Flowers said in an interview on Monday. “These trade links create jobs for both America and Africa. It’s unbelievable what’s going on.”

This is what Trump’s real wall looks like.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/21/politics/electronics-ban-devices-explosives-intelligence/index.html

Washington (CNN) Intelligence obtained in recent weeks found that an al Qaeda affiliate was perfecting techniques for hiding explosives in batteries and battery compartments of electronic devices, according to a US official.

The discovery that al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula was looking to exploit batteries and their compartments in laptops and other commercial electronic devices led the United States and United Kingdom to ban devices larger than a cellphone from certain flights, the US official told CNN.

[…]

In fact, career employees are heavily involved in this decision, and this wasn’t just a Trump administration decision, the aviation official said.

Under the new restrictions, the electronic devices – many of which have lithium ion batteries – will now be carried in the cargo deck of the airplane, underneath the passenger cabin.

Aviation safety experts and regulatory agencies have long warned that batteries shipped in bulk could cause a fire and spark a chain reaction that could bring down an aircraft. The International Civil Aviation Organization advised global regulators last year to ban bulk shipments of such batteries in the cargo holds of passenger jets.

Some airlines are still seeking clarity on the reasoning behind aspects of the ban, according to the official. For example: If there is an immediate threat to aviation security, why is DHS giving airlines 96 hours to comply with the ban instead of implementing it immediately?

I’ve been listening to the news of this with trepidation. We know where this is leading, it will eventually be from any country, and then suddenly you won’t be able to have tablets or laptops as carry-on baggage.

Terrorism has become less of actual attacks on our country, and more about actual attacks on things we used to be able to do.

Apparently the JCC threats were indeed false flags:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/israeli-man-19-arrested-in-connection-with-threats-against-jewish-community-centers-in-us-other-nations/2017/03/23/15123300-0fcb-11e7-9d5a-a83e627dc120_story.html?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.0c44f3880aa9

AQAP sounds more like an insurance company than a scary terrorist organization.

Guy on Couch : “Who is going to pay my bills while I’m off work because of this broken leg?”
Duck with a long beard wearing a para-military uniform : “AQ-AP, infidel!”

[quote]
It was during one of those check ins last month that ICE took Beristain into custody because of an incident in 2000. Roberto and his wife, Helen, were visiting Niagara Falls that year and accidentally crossed into Canada. Officers there detained Roberto when they realized he was in the U.S. illegally. Helen says a lawyer helped get Roberto out on bail, but he was told he had to voluntarily leave the country within a month.[/quote]

Small business owner, well-liked by the community, yadda yadda, gonna be deported because of the new administration. Nothing new here, right?

Oh, the twist is that his wife voted for Trump.

[quote]
During an interview earlier this month, Helen said she voted for President Donald Trump because she supports his immigration policies. She said criminals should be deported, but she didn’t think her husband would face that fate.

“[Trump] did say the good people would not be deported, the good people would be checked,” Helen said.[/quote]

Sad trombone.

Helen is a fucking idiot.

While I can empathize with this family’s plight, this is the very definition of reaping the whirlwind.

What Helen doesn’t realize is that: illegals = criminals, full stop to Trump. It’s right there in the name: illegal. Sucks for Roberto that he married into stupid though.

So he was married to a US citizen since at least 2000? Is there a point where you become a citizen automatically or something?

Not if you’re illegal. I have a friend that came here years ago on a tourist visa and just … never left. She got married but still had to take advantage of an amnesty kind of thing that was declared - I forget the details.

Not even if you’re not an illegal. Contrary to the movies, getting married just increases your chances of getting in, but it still tends to take years and there is no guarantee.

And you have to do something, from what I understand. It doesn’t just magically happen.

What there is no Good button we hand out to people so law enforcement knows which of the brown ones the community likes and which they want to drop kick?

Not according to 90 Day Fiance.

It may be (or used to be) different then, at least for children? I immigrated here with my parents, and never had to take a test or anything, but became a US citizen when they did. At least I’m pretty sure I am, I have a SSN and a passport.