The Netflix TV Show Thread

Look over here!

Finished up Season 2 of this last night. I thought the 2nd season ended up being quite a bit better than the first–it flowed better, there was more going on. The new gods are fun, and the old giants are bigger assholes.

The first episode of Katla was good enough to warrant an E2 watch.

I watched Katla and found it to be disappointing as sci-fi but somewhat interesting as a depiction of life in Iceland.

I had read this article in the New Yorker about the Slysavarnafélagið Landsbjörg, the Icelandic Association for Search and Rescue— ice-sar so it is interesting that they are featured as part of the story. We were planning a trip to Iceland last year.

The final season of Atypical released today on Netflix. Haven’t had a chance to dive in yet.

This isn’t the right thread for it, but you’d probably like Trapped over on Amazon Prime then. The first season was amazing, but the second only so-so.

For me, a huge disappointment (finished episode 7 earlier, three episodes left).

I loved the premise and build up, but the payoff wasn’t quite as satisfying.

It just made we want to re-watch The Returned.

As I don’t watch trailers, I assume this means there’s a new season of Sex Education coming?

September 15th in the US.

We just started watching Babylon Berlin. So good. I lived in Berlin twice in my life, so I really dig the locale.

One of my favorite shows of the last several years. The Weimar Republic is a fascinating period, a mere disaster poised between apocalypses, and this show knocks it out of the park. They spent a lot of money on this.

What a fantastic show story to set!

Has anyone tried “Brand New Cherry Flavor”? I don’t recall seeing it mentioned here. The description makes it sounds potentially hilarious if it is played the right way, but otherwise a total disaster.

I watched the first episode last night. It’s not good, but Catherine Keener is in it. I’m probably bored enough to watch the second one, because the first one was all set-up, so maybe it gets better.

Yes I binged it all because I wanted to find out what’s going on. This is not an endorsement.

It’s creepy and high gore. Kinda like American horror story I imagine, but I am too scared to watch that much

I’ve got one episode left and am enjoying it. It’s weird but I tend to like weird stuff. The first episode is pretty much all just setup, so I’d say give it at least 2 to see if you like it. I has some funny moments but it’s not trying to be a comedy really.

That’s a shame, the description really would set up a great comedy if done right. Plus nudity!

I can’t say I am interested in AHS plus gore.