The NFL 2016 Season

Did anyone else see the ends of the Kansas City game and the Denver game? Week after week, the KC defense keeps coming through for us, but this week really took the cake. And when the game was over, they switched us over to the Denver game. Blocking the extra point kick and returning the ball for a 2-point touchdown, I’ve never seen that before. I didn’t even know that was possible. That was pretty wild.

Panthers lose again, but hey Cam is having fun cause he was “dabbing” this week. 😂

It’s a new rule for this year I believe–if you block a PAT you can return it for 2 points if you make it all the way. Otherwise it’s just a dead ball.

Great way for the Cowboys to make it to 8-1 over the Steelers… justified in part because of Ben’s super-lame fake ball spike for a TD play. I realize it’s within the rules and all, but this feels like hack desperation. I guess it’s a Marino thing, but I remember Buddy Ryan doing this to Dallas one year at the end of the game to run up the score.

— Alan

I prefer Matt Stafford’s version. Forget throwing, do it yourself!

Now that was a good game.

Great game - finally I can stick one to my Bostonian brother-in-law.

I have not rooted for an NFL team since the Oilers left Houston. Right after that happened the NFL was dead to me for like a decade, well not technically true as I rooted for Tennessee when they had mostly Oiler players. I watched the playoffs if it was convenient, and of course the Super Bowl.

At some point my butt hurt over the Oilers faded and I started watching NFL again during the regular season. Still didn’t have a team I rooted for though, I just watched because I love the sport.

I do have a couple of teams I root against though. Namely the Cowboys, because I hate them. They had way too many fans in Houston for my taste, even when we had the Oilers. Later I started to hate the Patriots. Not sure why. Maybe too many bandwagon fans? I certainly appreciate that they have been a dynasty in the most competitive era in the NFL.

After fast starts by both of the teams I hate, I was confronted with the very real possibility of a Cowboys-Patriots Super Bowl. Terrifying for me. If push comes to shove though, this week made me realize I will be rooting for the Patriots in the event of that match up.

Weirdo. You should be supporting the Cowboys, always. Because, America.

— Alan

The Cowboys ceased being America’s Team when they fired Tom Landry. Jerry Jones is a piece of shit.

I supported the Rams when I lived in St. Louis, but my heart was never in it. I supported the Seahawks when I was in Seattle, and I still support them. And I support the Chiefs here in Kansas City. But throughout, I still think of the Green Bay Packers as the closest thing to “America’s Team”, since it’s the only community-owned sports franchise in America. I figure that gives them the best claim as America’s Team than all the others.

Gag me with a spoon.

Sorry, but you’d understand this declaration makes many people in the midwest physically ill.

Seriously. Yeuch.

I knew you’d be along shortly to agree with me Adam ;)

I am here to help!

Also fuck this whole season anyway. Just, y’know, for the record.

Most overrated player in the NFL. Not that he doesn’t have some talent…he’s a phenomenal athlete, but not that great of a quarterback. Yet the media seems to come up with some way to absolve him whenever he makes a bad play and people seem to start up an mvp chant every time the dude picks his nose.

Heck of a game last night. Seahawks don’t win that game without Kam Chancellor on the field, IMO. My boy Douggie with three TDs, gotta love that.

I had hoped to see a bit more of Alex Collins last night with C.Mike limited, but Prosise did a fine job in everything but pass pro (seriously, dude looked like he’s never been asked to pick up a blitzer two weeks in a row…they need to fix that).

I really want them to get the run game going consistently. Who knows whether Rawls will be able to help with that when he gets back.

I’m actually reading Packer fansite game recaps to cheer myself up. I am a broken man.

And there goes Blair Walsh.

For years I have watched the Lions repeatedly find ways to lose games. It is very bizarre to have a season where pretty much in every victory, they have managed to find a way to come from behind to win. Today was no exception. As a life long Lions fan, I am still waiting for the inevitable collapse that crushes all hope but for now at least, it’s a happy thanksgiving in the D. Oh and once again, thank you so very much for Matt Pater, Denver.

/season

Holy cow, that KC-DEN game was the best football game I’ve seen in years. Crazy…go Chiefs!!