THE NFL 2017 Season

Yes, brutal. Some teams have cursed positions. For most, it’s the QB position. For the Bucs it’s the kicker, at least the last few years.

Man I remember I had Folk as a kicker in fantasy a ways back. He won me some games.

Odell Beckham broke his leg. His season over.

Detroit-Carolina game was great.
And now this Cowboys (America’s team) vs Packers (America’s team) has been really great too.

Edit:. Wow, what an ending too. The whole game was great, but that 4th quarter was something else. 5 lead changes. 11 seconds left, I doubt the lead will change a 6th time.

It has? Did the stadium collapse in on itself?

I had Big Ben as my backup (to Brees) in my fantasy league, and this being the Saints bye week, Ben got the start. He threw five interceptions and zero TDs. I should be placing bets against any team with a key player on my fantasy team.

So it’s your fault! I know where to direct the pitchfork-wielding mob, then.

Huh, I think I just watched a trailer…for a trailer. New Star Wars trailer tomorrow night on MNF apparently.

JJ Watt out and it doesn’t look good. Wow. Also, the Texans are completely manhandling the KC run offense right now but I’m hoping they wear down by the 2nd half.

Seriously sucks for Houston. Watts injury looked like an ACL season ending type.

That’s okay. My wife was watching a Hallmark movie and they have a 20 day countdown to the Countdown to Christmas season.

hahah, I did the exact same thing. I have Cousins who has a bye week and just pulled in Ben last week. I watched the highlights and just shook my head. That’s a lot of picks!

I lucked out and did the opposite. I have Ben and benched him when I was able to get Deshaun Watson this week on waivers. Watson didn’t disappoint although the Texans lost. I just had a feeling, given how weird the Jags have been in delivering some defense lately.

What killed me was the Rams and Seahawks. Rams moved the ball fairly well but the Legion of Boom gave Goff his toughest challenge yet I think. Great hustle by Earl Thomas on the Gurley run, but total dumb luck it was a touchback instead of out of bounds. The whole game the Rams kept threatening but then would make a mistakes and leave points on the field.

The Giants, man that’s rough. 49ers too, tough close loss. Cardinals…what the hell happened to them? Crazy football weekend.

I did the opposite. I have Cousins benched for the bye week but put in Dak Prescott as my backup and holy shit he had a fantastic game. I agree with Rock8man, that game was crazy fun to watch.

Not to bring P&R into this, but what was all the hoopla with the VP at the Colts game?

(Link to the relevant P&R thread)

Opps, sorry, I should have known it would be expanded upon there. Thank you, @gruntled.

That game. Seahawks offense looked completely inept most of the time, though I think Rams D is better than some of the stats would have you believe. But Rams offense, coming in as perhaps the hottest in the league didn’t look much better after the first quarter. That Earl Thomas play turned the entire ball game. You don’t usually say that about a play that early in the game?

Right, it was a big play. As I said before I give Thomas credit for the hustle, but no one could have known how that one would bounce. It hurt the Rams but they would later score 10 points. I think it happened early enough that they had multiple chances to come back and just kept making mistake after mistake. Tavon Austin has killed them time and again with his punt return follies. And Cooper Kupp should have caught that last chance pass.

Lots of sloppiness from both teams. We’ll see how the second game between them shakes out but it is hard to win in Seattle.

Yeah, though Kupp had a tremendous game otherwise. I felt bad for the kid on that one. I remember hearing Gil Brandt talking about Kupp as a sleeper at some point before the draft, as a kid that would surprise people.

Sloppy win in sloppy conditions by the Bengals over the Bills means I am sipping free iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts this morning and thinking 2-3 isn’t terrible. Given the way the Steelers played this weekend, 3-3 is a real possibility for Cincy two weeks from now (BYE next week).

That Green Bay - Dallas game though. The Cowboys did pretty much everything right on the go ahead drive that ate up over 9 minutes of the 4th quarter…but apparently 1:13 is like an hour to Aaron Rodgers. That was some seriously impressive shit.

We Detroit fans can tell you all about Rodgers and last-second comebacks! Maybe Stafford has some kind of subconscious desire to one-up him, might explain why Detroit has all those 4th-quarter wins (and near misses) in the last few years.

RIP Y.A. Tittle, age 90. He had a long, storied 17-year HOF career, but he’s probably best remembered as the QB for the Giants in the early 60’s. They made it to the NFL title game three years straight, only to lose to the Western Conference champ each time. He’s also, unfortunately, remembered for an iconic photo that symbolized the brutality of football in those years, taken during the one of the last games of his career, after throwing a pick-six to the Steelers:

ya