THE NFL 2017 Season

It will be interesting to see what the market does with Keenum. I have to think that most front offices don’t really see him as a franchise QB. Then again, he’s proven he’s a capable starter. He’s surely better than what some teams have, but he’s not really a guy who is going to lift an offense on his own. Still, guys like Mike Glennon seemed to get paid by desperate teams. Why not Keenum?

There will be some competition out there too. Looks like Alex Smith will be moving on. Bradford has a higher ceiling than Keenum, though his floor is sitting on the bench, hurt. Cousins will be entertaining offers. Eli Manning might be available, too. And, as always, there will one or two QBs drafted who start on day one.

Cousins will get p-a-i-d. I’m pretty confident in my Keenum estimate of 55/3 with 20 guaranteed. And he might be well worth it if an otherwise solid team needs a competent QB to save them from the likes of a Brock Lobster.

Down! Down!

Sorry.

I thought of this after watching the Eagles game:

Good team Wentz-less cannot score
On the eve of New Years
And this game is such a bore
Even with a few beers

Sigh.

As a Skins fan this is both sad and true. We can’t build anything consistently due to team ownership and management. Kirk is a shining star that deserves better, and he will definitely seek out a better organization.

It will be weird if we see three ex-Vikings starting at QB for other teams next year. I guess it could happen.

So there are what. 5-6 head coaching jobs available out there now? I guess Gruden is going to be the Raiders head coach. I did think Del Rio took a step back with the Raiders this year, and trading Murray for Lynch was not the best move, but I imagine that was a management call.

But other than his first few years Gruden really never won anything and had a losing record.

EDIT: A quick google search tells me he actually was 57-55 with Tampa Bay.

Marvin Lewis is Jason. He keeps coming back. Signed a new 2-year deal to coach the Bengals.

Carson Palmer retired. I guess the Cardinals are in rebuild mode now. I wonder what Larry Fitzgerald will do?

Despite all claims to the contrary, I wonder if we’ll now see Hue Jackson receive a well-deserved early departure from Cleveland.

Fucking Mike Brown…damn it Bengals! What the hell?! Mediocrity deserves a two-year extension! Sure! Why not? Fuck.

I too wonder if this is some sort of convoluted plan to bring Hue back at the end of 2018 (or sooner!) for a run as OC before promoting him to HC for the 2020 season. Marvin and Hue are good buddies, and Mike Brown loves both Marvin and Hue, so it’s entirely possible they’re trying to work something out along those lines.

I expect Paul Guenther will leave for either a head coaching job or a DC job on a Super Bowl caliber team. That would leave a vacancy which I would have expected to be a good fit for Vance Joseph right up until he was unexpectedly retained in Denver 24 hours ago. Now it will more likely be filled from within, which means special teams coordinator Darren Simmons. Given that the Bengals special teams unit was fucking abysmal this season, it doesn’t bode well for 2018.

Oh well, at least we’re not Cleveland.

Hey! You leave Cleveland alone! We have great admiration for their unperfect season, here in Detroit.

You should attend the Perfect Season Parade on Saturday then!

I thought this was a pretty good read. It’ll be interesting to see how things play out.

Yeah, it was interesting. I had no idea Brady had a health guru. I don’t think there’s any way he plays until he’s 45. My guess is he’s one significant injury away from his career being over. They really should have figured out a way to keep Garoppolo. Of course the guy probably wanted to play and it looks like at least next year Brady is still the starter.

Garoppolo wanted to start and was up to make good money next year, and no team pays good money for two QB’s. It is surprising how little the Pats got for him though.

I don’t know if they are real or spin, but there’s a lot of rumors going around that Garoppolo shot down the Patriots offers to pay him something like 17-18 million a year. Always hard to know how true they are, but I think that has at least something to do with them waiting to trade him at the last moment hoping they could work something out instead of before the draft when I’m sure they could have got a lot more for him.

Brady has some VERY odd health notions. He’s kind of a kook.

Anyone who creates a webpage/site that has multiple audio and video streams (including ads) automatically load and play at the same time should be shot. That ESPN article looks interesting, but the webpage is cancer.

Marcus Mariota touchdown pass to himself is the most clutch play I have seen in a decade.
Bonus : It was his first ever TD pass in the post season.
Bonus Bonus : That’s 12 points on one play in fantasy football!