THE NFL 2017 Season

Sure the Saints had a running game. It was named Darren Sproles. (I kid, I kid).

Patriots showing love for Kraft’s professional Overwatch team.

The Eagles defense won that game today. Just barely. The Falcon offense was given everything they needed to win that game, both early on and right at the end, and just couldn’t get it done. I wasn’t impressed at all with the Philly offense, other than a couple of decent runs by Ajayi.

So no surprises there, really. If Minnesota wins tomorrow, I think next week’s NFC game looks a lot like this one…which means it’s anyone’s game, just like this one was, coming right down to the last play. If the Saints win, though, a good game by Brees could make it a rout.

Kind of weird to me that we have these castoff ex-Ram QBs in the playoffs, Foles and Keenum. Makes me wonder if the new Rams coach would have done just as well with either of these as he did with Goff.

You hush your face with your stupid and your Brees

I predict a lot of cranky people if the Patriots make it to the Super Bowl and their opponent is somehow the Philadelphia Eagles.

Don’t worry

So do we think Blake Bortles can beat Bill Belichick?

How big of a stick can Bortles use?

Heh. Let’s see, it’s fourth down, it would be a 54 yard field goal attempt at the end of the second half for Pittsburg. The best their kicker has successfully done is 53 yards, so we’ll just have Rothlessburger throw it into the end zone instead.

And it worked!

I’m still pulling for Jacksonville, who are ahead 28-14 at the half.

I fully expected Pittsburgh to score 25+ points today. But Blake Bortles leading Jacksonville to more than 40? If you had that one, you’re either a genius or better go play the lottery right now.

I am flabbergasted. Pittsburgh had horrific clock management in the 4th quarter. They didn’t even try.

@ineffablebob they don’t need Bortles to be good. They are basically the Seahawks when they won the SB. They just need him to not turn it over and be efficient.

Interesting way of looking at it, although if they end up playing from behind I think I’d prefer Wilson.

To be honest Bortles was average, although I do give him credit for being good when it really counted. So you are correct, they dont need Bortles to be good. Still statistically, Roethlisberger crushed him, for what its worth.

This was a major issue for Pittsburg. Terrible clock management. There were several times receivers had the chance to step out of bounds and stop the clock, instead they went for a few extra yards and got tackled inbounds. Big Ben did everything he could but the team failed in too many ways down the stretch.

And after one of those (by Brown I think) they lollygagged back to the line of scrimmage. Add that to the 10-second runoff, the time wasted before the two-minute warning, etc. and it all adds up. The lack of urgency on their part made it look like they had already given up.

I’m not actually inclined to second-guess the onside kick attempt (aside from it being a horrible attempt mechanically), but even with that gaffe, they should have had one more legitimate shot at it because Jacksonville was doing very little to move the ball at that point.

I was lucky enough to score a pair of tickets for me and the wife off of a season ticket holder at work who couldn’t make the game. Just before the onside kick, I pointed out that the Steelers were down precisely the amount of points the Jaguars had scored off of Ben’s mistakes (the score was 28-42, and the Jaguars got touchdowns off of Ben’s early interception and fumble).

Im not saying he is blameless for the position they found themselves in, I am saying exactly what I said. He did everything he could but the team failed him down the stretch. After all he had over 451 yds and 5 tds throwing and a 6th td, that was credited as a run td, was completely due to Big Ben’s creativity. If his play was average, they would not have even had a shot at the end. During the comeback attempt, here were just too many mistakes made to overcome completely. None of which was on Ben. I figured that was implied by my closing comment of “down the stretch”. So to clarify, during the comeback, Ben did everything he could.

Oh my god!

Wtf! Just happened in the Saints/Vikings game!